The scent of delicious dishes in the kitchen always makes you ecstatic. But what if these scents continue to linger in the air longer than you think? Naturally, you’ll want to return some fresh air to the kitchen. Join Huttuscon to learn ways to quickly and effectively deodorize food in the kitchen!
- 1 1. Keep the kitchen space airy
- 2 2. Deodorize food with baking soda
- 3 3. Neutralize the smell of food with coffee
- 4 4. Get rid of cooking odors with lemon
- 5 5. Use potatoes to absorb odors
- 6 6. Clean the kitchen area after cooking the curry
- 7 7. Deodorize food in the kitchen by unclogging the sink
- 8 8. Eliminate the fishy smell of raw food
- 9 9. Sauna the kitchen to deodorize food
- 10 10. Deodorize the refrigerator
- 11 11. Eliminate the smell of trash
- 12 12. Deodorize microwave oven
- 13 13. Use the aroma of food to deodorize the house
- 14 14. Clean up and clean up immediately after cooking
1. Keep the kitchen space airy
The reason your kitchen is smelly and the most effective way to fix it is to open the windows to increase air circulation. You should do this before you start cooking, to avoid the case that the smell of the food spreads throughout the house, especially when the scent can stick to the cloth items in the house.
2. Deodorize food with baking soda
Baking soda has always been a favorite ingredient in cleaning and deodorizing homes. You just need to put a small cup of baking soda near the cooking position, the smell of food will be eliminated and cannot spread around. Alternatively, you can make your own air purifier by dissolving baking soda with a little water and a few drops of your favorite essential oil and placing the mixture in the kitchen.
3. Neutralize the smell of food with coffee
Similar to baking soda, coffee also has the ability to absorb odors extremely well, helping you to effectively deodorize food in the kitchen. You just need to place a cup of coffee near the cooking position.
4. Get rid of cooking odors with lemon
Another trick to help deodorize food in the kitchen is to use fresh lemons. The fresh scent of lemon helps to mask cooking odors quickly.
In addition, you can also apply the following method: Put the lemon peel in a pot of boiling water and simmer for a few minutes until the smell of food disappears. You can also add a tablespoon of baking soda to the mixture to increase the deodorizing power.
5. Use potatoes to absorb odors
Potatoes are not only great-tasting tubers for delicious meals, but they also have the ability to absorb odors naturally. Therefore, you can use potatoes as an effective way to deodorize food in the kitchen: place diced potatoes in a pan and sprinkle a few grains of sea salt on top and leave for about two hours for the potatoes to develop. deodorizing effect.
6. Clean the kitchen area after cooking the curry
The smell of curry can often linger in space for a long time, so maybe a solution to deodorize the kitchen that you can apply is to clean the cooking area as soon as you finish the dish. Because the residual curry smell can come from the areas where you prepare food instead of the pots and pans. At the same time, always wash your hands after preparing, processing, and wiping the kitchen surface with a specialized deodorant.
In addition to the smell of curry, the scent of dairy products is also an issue you need to pay attention to. Milk ingredients can ferment very quickly and cause an unpleasant stench in your home space. Therefore, as soon as you accidentally spill milk, you need to clean it up as soon as possible.
7. Deodorize food in the kitchen by unclogging the sink
Sometimes, food odors can come from leftovers you dump in the sink. If the kitchen sink is emitting an unpleasant odor, boil some water and pour it directly down the sink drain.
Besides, you can also apply the following way to deodorize food in the kitchen: Pour 2-3 tablespoons of baking soda down the sink drain, then add two cups of pure vinegar and leave it for a few minutes. minutes before proceeding, add a little hot water. The chemical reaction formed from the ingredients will form bubbles, helping to effectively deodorize.
8. Eliminate the fishy smell of raw food
The fishy smell from raw foods like fish and shrimp is an unpleasant prospect. The simplest way to prevent this odor from lingering in the kitchen for a long time is to clean and sanitize the pre-processing area after finishing the dish.
9. Sauna the kitchen to deodorize food
If the odor persists, you can apply a steam bath to overwhelm the unpleasant odor. You just need to prepare a small pot of boiling water and put in it a few scent ingredients such as cinnamon, cloves, and citrus peels… Essential oils from these ingredients will help deodorize the food in the kitchen quickly and Leaves a pleasant, relaxing fragrance.
10. Deodorize the refrigerator
– A simple way to deodorize the refrigerator is to put hot milk in the refrigerator, the scent from the evaporated milk will help deodorize.
– In addition, you can use hot 4 tablespoons of sugar and a little water to melt and glue, cool and refrigerate all unpleasant odors will quickly disappear.
11. Eliminate the smell of trash
– Even after being cleaned, your trash can still have an unpleasant smell.
– If the trash can is metal, you can burn a piece of newspaper and drop it in the bin. The hot air will help deodorize the trash can.
– With a plastic container, you can use baking soda mixed with lemon juice to soak the barrel for 5-10 minutes and rinse with clean water.
12. Deodorize microwave oven
– Microwaves and ovens that are frequently used are easy to stick to grease and food odors. You can use lemon zest or lime juice in a cup and heat it up in the oven.
– If the oven has a fishy smell, boil the vinegar and use the boiled vinegar water to wipe the entire oven.
– The scent of lemon and vinegar combined with the heat from the oven when boiling will help dislodge any unpleasant odors.
13. Use the aroma of food to deodorize the house
Surely you will feel quite absurd, but in fact, when you try to apply this method by baking the simplest batch of cakes, the aroma of the cake becomes the most effective deodorant, quickly completely overpowering the smell. grease in the air after the cooking process.
14. Clean up and clean up immediately after cooking
The way above will help minimize the smell of food stuck in the house, but to make sure you need to spend time cleaning and cleaning immediately after completing the cooking.
Cleaning around the kitchen counters, countertops, walls, .. with disinfectant solution, combined with a pleasant aroma, will help your kitchen to be completely clean.