Old Bay Seasoning is a classic blend of various spices used to enjoy seafood dishes. You can change the amount and proportion of the ingredients in this recipe according to your preference. If you like spicy foods, use plenty of dry mustard and crushed red pepper flakes. If you prefer a smoky flavor, use smoked paprika and increase the quantity. This recipe can be doubled or tripled if you use a lot of these spices. And it’s fun to make it yourself!
This mixture will keep for about 6 months stored in an airtight container in a cool and dry place. Remember to never store spices near the stove, as heat causes them to lose their potency faster, and store them in the dark, as sunlight, especially direct sunlight, can also affect seasonings. affect taste.
- 1 1. Steamed shrimp recipe without old bay
- 2 2. Old bay seasoning shrimp recipe
- 2.1 Ingredients for Old Bay Steamed Shrimp
- 2.2 How do you steam shrimp?
- 2.3 What kind of fish should I select?
- 2.4 Do I require a steamer basket to cook making the Old Bay Shrimp recipe?
- 2.5 How long should you steam shrimp?
- 2.6 How do you season shrimp steamed?
- 2.7 Serve with sides of Old Bay steamed shrimp
- 3 FAQ
- 3.1 Do you season shrimp prior to and after the steaming process?
- 3.2 What should I season the shrimp with prior to making it ready for cooking?
- 3.3 How long will it take to cook raw shrimp?
- 3.4 Should you wash shrimp before cooking it?
- 3.5 What else can I make use of instead of steamers?
- 3.6 Do you prefer cooking seafood with its shell off or on?
- 3.7 Related
1. Steamed shrimp recipe without old bay
How to make Old Bay-style steamed shrimp
Pour filtered water, beer, and vinegar into a clean basin.
Put the pre-prepared shrimp into a clean bowl, season with Old Bay seasoning (depending on taste, about 4-5 teaspoons on average), mix well.
Wait for the shrimp to soak up the seasoning for about 15 minutes, then put it in the steamer basket. Next, you put bamboo shoots into the vinegar beer pot.
Turn on the stove, bring the beer pot to a boil, put the shrimp in and steam for about 6-7 minutes to cook.
Turn off the heat, put the shrimp on a plate.
How to make ketchup cocktail: You put all the ingredients (except tomatoes, onions) to make the sauce into a bowl, mix well. Heat a pan, add a little oil to heat. Then, add the onions and stir-fry, until the color changes, add the tomatoes and stir-fry. Fry until just cooked, season with salt, sugar, seasoning powder to taste, turn off the heat. Pour the mixed soy sauce in the bowl into the pan, stir to combine the tomato sauce. You drizzle this cocktail sauce over steamed shrimp, or serve in a bowl of dipping sauce to enjoy.
SIMPLE SHRIMP SALAD WITH SPICE OLD BAY
Using special Old Bay seasoning, your shrimp salad will add an attractive and new part. In particular, can be served with raw vegetables and biscuits. Salad is a very healthy dish, with the use of a lot of green vegetables and limited meat content, it helps your body stay healthy by providing fiber, vitamins, protein and nutrients. mineral. So let’s discover with Golden Chopsticks how to make Old Bay shrimp salad for a quick lunch or a simple dinner!
INGREDIENTS NEEDED PREPARATION
- 300g shrimp
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped scallions
Note: You can absolutely use fresh or frozen shrimp. However, when using frozen shrimp, you need to bring the shrimp to thaw 30 minutes – 60 minutes in advance. Besides, if you are looking for a brand that provides high-quality frozen food, you can refer to the Golden Chopsticks shrimp product.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR MAKING SHRIMP SALAD
Step 1: Put a pot of water on the stove, bring it to a boil and slowly add the shrimp to cook until the shrimp turn bright pink and cooked for about 2 minutes (the water doesn’t need to be too boiling). Drain shrimp and rinse under cold running water. Then peel the shrimp and slit it if necessary.
Step 2: In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, Old Bay, wine vinegar, and Worcestershire sauce. Then use a whisk to beat the mixture.
Step 3: Add shrimp, celery, white and green onions and mix well with the seasoning we just made. Stir with your hands to evenly absorb the seasoning.
Step 4: You can put the salad in the refrigerator before eating for about 5-10 minutes to make your dish more delicious. Before eating, you add green onions and a little Old Bay and the dish will be more flavorful and eye-catching.
Note: The salad will keep for two days when you store it in the refrigerator and cover the salad carefully.
Lobster Dumplings with Old Bay Mayo
Ingredients for making shrimp dumplings
- (3 pounds = 1.35kg) lobster tails and claws, defrosted
- ¼ cup of salt
- 1 head romaine, thinly sliced
- 1 Roma tomato, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeño, thinly sliced with seeds
- 8 thick-cut maple-glazed bacon, cut into ¼ inch strips
- 1 cup Old Bay Mayo (see recipe below)
- 8 steamed dumplings
Ingredients for Old Bay Mayo
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup red onion, finely diced
- ½ cup celery, diced
- 1 teaspoon chives, finely chopped
- ¼ cup of old flying seasoning
- Juice of 1 lemon
Step 1: Fully cooked and choose lobster. Fill a 3-gallon stockpot with water and add salt.
Bring to a boil and then add the lobster tails and claws one at a time to the pot, start the timer right away.
Remember Cook 4 to 6 minutes for the tail and 7 to 9 minutes for the claws.
It is often said that cooked lobster turns bright red, but that is not the best indication that the lobster is cooked.
To make sure the lobster is cooked through, break off the tail and make sure the meat has turned from translucent gray to white.
Step 2: Remove the lobsters and place them directly in the ice bath, taking them out when they have cooled.
Step 3: Use a fork, pliers or even a hammer to break the shell and remove all the meat from the plate.
Step 4: Make Old Bay Mayo Sauce.
In a large bowl, mix all the Old Bay Mayo ingredients together. Add cooked and minced fresh lobster meat, stir well and set aside.
Step 5: In a steamer basket, steam the cakes until light and fluffy.
Step 6: Carefully open the cake, evenly distribute the cut romaine on the bottom of the cake, then top with lobster salad, 1 slice of tomato, jalapeño peppers, and bacon.
2. Old bay seasoning shrimp recipe
Ingredients for Old Bay Steamed Shrimp
It’s much more than shrimp! Here’s the information you need:
- A pound of shrimp always chooses raw shrimp from that I get large shrimp that have been peeled, deveined, and then tails off.
- Old Bay Seasoning is of course!! Many people prefer the ORIGINAL one – however, I went with my own Lemon Herb variety – use your preference!
- apple cider vinegar – adds some zip! You could also try lemon juice in the event that you don’t have cider vinegar.
- cocktail sauce
How do you steam shrimp?
The recipe for Old Bay Steamed Shrimp recipe is super simple, only takes just a few minutes to prepare and is my absolute favorite method to eat shrimp! It cooks in only a couple of minutes, so make sure you have your dishes prepared prior to cooking!
- Be sure to have your shrimp chilled. It is best to put it in the refrigerator for the day before you plan to cook it.
- In a large pan with a high flame combine vinegar, water, and Old Bay seasoning and bring to an unbeatable boil on the stove.
- As it heats up at a simmer, wash and drain the frozen shrimp.
- Reduce the boiling water’s temperature to medium-low heat and toss it into the shrimp.
- Stir and flip the shrimp. Watch your shrimp change color in just a few minutes! When you turn them all, they’ll all be cooked. It was SO FAST!!!!
- Scoop them out using an oversized spoon and serve them with your preferred cocktail sauce.
What kind of fish should I select?
There are some things to remember when purchasing shrimp
- In any recipe where you cook shrimp, make sure to purchase RAW shrimp! It cooks in about 2 minutes. Don’t purchase your shrimp cooked. Don’t bother with the shrimp cocktail!
- I usually use frozen shrimp, simply because I’m in Ohio We do not possess fresh seafood! So frozen shrimp is available in supermarkets.
- Make sure your shrimp has been removed and peeled – or else you’ll be doing lots of work! I’ve made this mistake just once. No one wants to cut shrimp!
- Tails OFF! Many restaurants will serve shrimp with tails on, but who would want to put their fingers into their food? If I’m cooking a shrimp recipe to serve with a fork, my preference is to serve it with tails off!
Do I require a steamer basket to cook making the Old Bay Shrimp recipe?
Nope! You can make use of a steaming tray If you’d like, but there’s a bit of amount of water left in the pot, therefore you could make use of a small strainer if you already have one, a baking rack (if it’s suitable for the pan) or just drop the shrimp into the water!
How long should you steam shrimp?
Steaming shrimp is a quick and easy method of serving shrimp – However, ensure that you don’t overcook the shrimp. Once the water has reached a boil when you put in the shrimp it will take about 2 minutes to cook the shrimp until it turns white and pinkish.
How do you season shrimp steamed?
To make Old Bay Steamed Shrimp – you must include the seasoning in the boiling water at the same time.
When serving Steamed Shrimp – it’s similar to shrimp cocktail but warmer It can be served in many ways:
- the most effective method for me to serve it is to serve it with a side of the Old Bay cocktail sauce.
- Also, include additional seasonings from Old Bay on top of the shrimp.
- If you enjoy spicy steamed shrimp, sprinkle a little the cajun flavoring
- Dip in butter that has been melted
- Stay healthy and serve it with lemon wedges!
Serve with sides of Old Bay steamed shrimp
What can you serve alongside Old Bay steamed shrimp to create an entire dinner? There are many options to complete the meal. Here are some dishes to accompany shrimp:
- Try Easy Skillet Cornbread or Classic Cornbread Muffins
- Go for Sauteed Peppers or Sauteed Peppers and Onions
- Make Corn on the Cob or Easy Succotash
- Opt for Ultimate Sauteed Vegetables or Perfect Sauteed Cabbage
- Try Sauteed Spinach or Sauteed Kale