Join us in cooking delicious meals with us.
- 1 I. Southern Shrimp and Rice Recipes
- 2 II. Cajun recipe for rice and shrimp
- 3 FAQ
I. Southern Shrimp and Rice Recipes
1. Southern-Style Shrimp and Cheesy Rice
This Southern-style dish is packed with top-quality proteins and five-star flavor all in one soothing home-cooked bowl. Fresh tomatoes, onions as well as Cajun spices simmer alongside shrimp to make a delicious spring stew that is mingled with richly smooth arborio rice. Alongside freshly baked cornbread smears are ideal for scooping a sweet, salty bacon jam to dip into this stew or eating by themselves. A scallion-like garnish that is spring-like will welcome the spring season with a vibrant green splash of freshness!
- 4 ounces Bacon
- 2 units of Scallions
- One unit of Yellow Onion
- 2 unit Roma Tomato
- 3/4 cup Arborio Rice
- 1 tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 4 unit Chicken Stock Concentrate
- 3 unit Red Pepper Jam
- 1 teaspoon of Smoked Paprika
- 1.5-ounce Tomato Paste
- 1 teaspoon Cajun Spice Mix
- 10 ounce Shrimp (ContainsShellfish)
- 11 OZ cornbread swirls ( ContainsWheat)
- 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese (ContainsMilk)
- 4 ounces Cream Sauce Base
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- Butter 1 tablespoon
Adjust the rack to the top position, and then heat the oven to 450°. Lay bacon 1 to 2 inches apart on baking sheets. Roast on the top rack until crisp 10-12 minutes.
When bacon is crisp Once the bacon is cooked, transfer it to a paper towel-lined plate. When it is cool enough for handling cut it into small pieces.
Wash and dry your produce. Cut scallions into thin slices and trim Separating greens from whites. Peel, cut, and cut onion into fine pieces. Cut tomatoes into 1/2-inch pieces.
Place a drizzle of oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add the rice to cook and stir until it becomes translucent about 30-60 seconds.
Mix in 3 cups of liquid (6 cups for four servings) as well as the garlic powder and two concentrated stock (four for four servings)) and some salt. Bring to the point of boiling, then reduce to the simmer. Cook, stirring frequently until the liquid has evaporated and the rice is soft about 15 minutes. TIP: If the liquid evaporates prior to rice becoming tender you can add more water.
In an oven-safe small bowl, mix jam, scallion whites and scallion, chopped bacon, half of the paprika and 1 1/2 TBSP of water (3 TBSP to make 4 servings). Wrap the bowl in plastic then microwave it for about 45 secs.
Stir bacon jam and cover it with a lid to chill in the fridge until ready to serve.
Make a big splash of oil inside a medium-sized pot at medium-high. Add the onion and stir occasionally until softened and brown 8 to 10 minutes.
Add the diced tomatoes with tomato paste Cajun Spice, and remaining paprika. Cook, stirring often until the tomatoes soften, 3 to 5 minutes.
Mix in 2 cups of liquid (4 cups to make 4 portions) and the remaining concentrates of stock and 1/2 tsp salt (1 teaspoon for 4). Bring to a simmer, and simmer until it becomes slightly thickened, between 8 and 10 minutes.
In the meantime, wash shrimp* under cold water and wipe dry with paper towels.
After the stew has a little thickened, add shrimp. Bring to a boil and cook until shrimp become transparent and cooked to perfection for 5 minutes.
Then, open the cornbread swirls in the tube Separate and place them 2 inches apart on another baking sheet. Bake on the top baking sheet until they are golden, about 10-12 minutes.
When rice is soft, mix in the liquid base of the cream sauce. Return to a simmer, and cook until the rice is soft and the liquid has evaporated about 3 minutes.
Remove from the heat. Mix in the cheddar and 1 2 TBSP butter (2 TBSP for four servings) until the cheese is completely melted. Then taste and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper.
Divide the cheesy rice and stewed shrimp into bowls, separated into separate portions. Pour rice over as many bacon jams as you’d prefer. Sprinkle shrimp with scallion greens. Serving with cornbread swirls to serve on the side.
2. Shrimp Fried Rice Recipe
It’s unlikely you’ll ever order take-out food again once you see how easy it is to make this delicious, one-pan Shrimp Fried Rice. This tasty take on the traditional fried rice that everyone loves made in just 15 minutes, is the ideal dish for a last-minute summer dinner. Fried rice is best cooked with chilled and day-old rice. It is drier and less sticky. The rice can be prepared in advance and then let it sit in the freezer or refrigerator. Cooldown the freshly cooked rice and spread it on baking sheets. Put on the baking tray in your fridge for about 30 minutes and then wait until the rice has cooled. You’ll love the flavorful combination of garlic, shrimp along with fresh ginger. You can also use poultry instead of shrimp in case you prefer. Alternately, you can leave shrimp out and make this a vegetarian light dinner. Haricots verts are slim, French green beans. If they’re not available at the grocery store substitute sugar to snap peas and sugar.
- 1 pound of raw medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons of canola oil divided
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt from kosher, divided
- 4 ounces haricots Verts (French green beans) to be cut and trimmed into 1-inch pieces
- 4 scallions white and green cut in two pieces
- 2 cloves of garlic cut into pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon of finely chopped and peeled fresh ginger
- 4 cups of cooked white long-grain rice, cool
- two large eggs well beat
- 1/3 cup of small basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil that has been toasted
1. Start by heating a large cast-iron wok or skillet to high. Add shrimp along with 1 tablespoon of canola oil and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Cook at a steady pace, stirring frequently until the shrimp turn opaque, around 2 minutes. Remove the shrimp and place them aside.
Second step: Include green beans part of the scallions that is white ginger, garlic and the remaining 1 tablespoon of canola oil. Cook continuously stirring until the beans are tender, which takes about one minute. Add the rice and another 1/4 teaspoon salt; toss for a good coating. Break into clumps. Cook with a stirring every now and then until the rice starts to crisp, around 4 minutes.
Third step: Move rice and rice-based mixture onto one side of the wok. Add eggs on the other side stir and simmer, stirring frequently until eggs are scrambled approximately 1 minute. Mix rice and eggs. Add basil, shrimp as well as soy sauce and sesame oil. Cook with constant stirring until the ingredients are combined and cooked through around 1 minute. Sprinkle with the green portions of scallions.
Tip: The best-fried rice is made using old rice, as it’s less sticky and less sticky. In the event that you do not have leftovers in the fridge, it is possible to spread the freshly cooked rice on a baking tray and then place it in the refrigerator for a 30-minute period or till the rice is cooled.
3. SOUTHERN-STYLE CREAMERY SHRIMP over rice
Southern-style Creamy Shrimp Over Rice is simple to cook and is great for potlucks, family gatherings, or even potlucks.
- 6 cups of cooked white rice to be kept warm
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- Half cup green bell pepper chopped
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 4 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 . Can (12 liquid 1 oz) NESTLE(r) CARNATION(r) Dried Milk
- 3/4 cup of water
- Three tablespoons of tomato paste
- 1 box (16 inches) frozen, peeled and cooked shrimp, frozen and thawed
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sauce made from hot peppers, or to taste (optional)
Step 1. Melt butter in a medium saucepan at medium-high temperature. Add celery, green pepper garlic, onion and stir frequently for up to 5 mins or till the vegetables are soft. Add flour. Gradually mix in evaporated milk, tomato paste. Cook, stirring continuously until the mixture is just coming to boiling. Cook for another one to two minutes, or until the mixture begins to thicken. Add shrimp parsley, seasoning salt, hot pepper sauce and. Cook until the sauce is heated to your liking.
Step 2: Serve over rice.
If a more spicy dish is desired, use Creole seasoning in place of the original BAY Seasoning.
II. Cajun recipe for rice and shrimp
1. CAJUN SHRIMP, RICE AND CAJUN
Cajun rice and shrimp is a delicious, simple recipe that is perfect with just the right level of spice. You can make this recipe for an easy, 30-minute meal!
Notes INGREDIENTS AND SUBSTITUTIONS
Note: This is only an example of the ingredients. For the complete list of ingredients look up the recipe card at end of this post.
- Shrimp Medium-sized shrimp appear to be ideal for the Cajun shrimp recipe. However, you can use a larger size if you like. Be sure to adjust the cooking time to your liking.
- Holy Trinity in Cajun CuisineHoly Trinity of Cajun Cuisinethat could be celery, onion, and green bell pepper.
- Chicken broth replaces with equal quantities in broth from chicken or veggie stock, if required.
- Tabasco Louisiana hot sauce makes the most comparable substitute that is closely then Cholula. Tapatio is a good substitute in a pinch but it doesn’t have the tang of Tabasco’s base vinegar. Tabasco.
- Cajun seasoning I prefer to make my mix that I make myself however any mix that is purchased from the store can be used.
- Apple cider vinegar substitutes an equal quantity of white wine or lemon juice vinegar to get the same flavors and acids.
Make the ingredients
- Chop the bacon pieces and the veggies.
- Peel and then devein the shrimp.
- If you’d like, weigh the spices and liquids in advance to make it easier later.
Saute the bacon, and vegetables
- In the Dutch oven and prepare the bacon to cook until crispy.
- Remove the pan from the stove and pour the water out onto the towel.
- Then prepare the garlic as well as the vegetables in the fat from the bacon leftovers until they are soft and aromatic.
Rice is cooked
- Incorporate the remaining ingredients, excluding the shrimp. Bring to an unbeatable boil.
- Reduce the heat and cook to simmer until the rice is almost done.
Serve and finish
- Mix with the shrimp, then cover with water and continue cooking until shrimp turn opaque and pink.
- Serve with bacon pieces, and garnish with parsley before serving.
How do you peel and remove the shrimp?
Although eating the vein is not harmful, it is particularly unappealing when larger shrimp are consumed.
It’s simple, and the shrimp is much easier to consume after the meal is done. Additionally, the shrimp absorbs all the flavor from the dish as it cooks.
- Take care to remove the shells from the shrimp in all their parts.
- Use a paring knife to cut the back that is curving, and then make use of the tip of the blade to pull off the grey, thin vein.
- Remove the entire vein using the fingers of your hands or kitchen tweezers.
- Repeat until all shrimp are removed. Rinse the shrimp under cool water and wipe dry.
2. One-Pot Cajun Shrimp and Rice
This Cajun Shrimp in a One-Pot Rice recipe is easy, quick and spicy. Learn how to cook rice and shrimp from the south with this easy skillet recipe for dinner.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil 1 tablespoon olive
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion yellow, chopped
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 1 bell pepper that is green seeds and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dry thyme
- 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- One teaspoon of red pepper crushed into flakes
- 1 cup of uncooked white rice
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 pound wild-caught shrimp peeled and deveined
- One tablespoon of lemon juice
- In a medium saucepan or skillet fitted with a tight lid prepare the butter and oil at a moderate temperature.
- Add celery, onion, as well as bell pepper. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until the bell pepper is soft.
- Include garlic and paprika oregano, thyme and cayenne pepper, and crushed red pepper chips. Cook to simmer for another 5 minutes, stirring until it is fragrant.
- Incorporate water and rice. Sprinkle generously with spice and salt.
- Turn the heat up to high and bring the dish to boiling. Reduce the heat to a simmer then cover the pot and cook for approximately 10-minutes or so, until the majority of the liquid is consumed and the rice has almost cooked to perfection.
- Mix in the shrimp. Cook covered for approximately 5 minutes until the shrimp are transparent and pink. Mix in the lemon juice, then serve.
Food leftovers can be stored inside an air-tight container inside the refrigerator for upto three days or stored in the freezer for up to three months.