- 1 I. Introduce some recipe for chicken pot pie casserole
- 1.1 1. How to make chicken pot pie casserole
- 1.2 Cooking instructions for Chicken Stew and Pot Pie
- 1.3 2. How to make Chicken Pie
- 1.4 3. How to make chicken pot pie
- 1.5 Read more: How to make chicken thighs and rice casserole
- 2 II. How to make chicken pot pie casserole from scratch
- 3 FAQ
I. Introduce some recipe for chicken pot pie casserole
1. How to make chicken pot pie casserole
Ingredients for 16 people:
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 2 cups red potatoes
- 1 large clove of garlic, minced
- 567g boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 3 medium breasts)
- 1 1/4 cup low-sodium braised chicken
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse kosher salt, divided
- 1 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup of cream
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pack of Southern style cookies
- 1 cup frozen peas
Cooking instructions for Chicken Stew and Pot Pie
– Put the onion, carrot, celery, potato, 1 teaspoon salt, thyme, bay leaf and chicken stock in the slow cooker. Stir to combine. Season with a little salt and pepper to evenly coat the chicken on both sides. Dip the chicken breasts into the vegetable mixture. Turn the slow cooker to low and cook for 4 hours.
– After 4 hours, take out the chicken and shred it. Place the package in the pot.
Place butter and cream in a liquid measuring cup. Microwave gradually for 30 seconds until butter is melted and cream is warm. Slowly beat in the flour.
Add the buttercream and flour mixture back to the slow cooker along with the remaining salt. Stir to combine. Cover and cook for an additional 45 minutes to an hour until the mixture thickens and the vegetables are tender.
– After you put the flour and cream mixture back into the slow cooker, preheat the oven to 375 degrees, Cook the cookies according to the instructions on the package.
– After the mixture thickens, add the frozen peas. Stir well and cook for an additional 4-5 minutes until the peas are defrosted. Season the mixture with salt and pepper.
– Pour the spoon into the bowl. Place cookies on top. Serve.
– So the Chicken Stew and Pot Pie is complete.
2. How to make Chicken Pie
To make a delicious and attractive Chicken Pie recipe, first of all, you need to prepare the ingredients needed to make Chicken Pie as follows:
Ingredients needed to make Chicken Pie
- Baking powder: 600g
- Butter: 300g
- Filtered water: 150ml
- Salt: 1 teaspoon
- Chicken breast: 800g
- Leeks: 3 stalks
- Mushroom champignon: 400g
- Chicken broth: 500ml
- White wine: 100ml
- Fresh cream: 100ml
- Chicken eggs: 1 egg
- Olive oil: 4 teaspoons
- Parsley: 1 bunch
- Seasoning: Salt + pepper
Instructions for making Chicken Pie
Here are the steps on how to make Chicken Pie at home:
Step 1: First prepare the ingredients for the pie crust: Divide the dough into 2 equal parts, take 1 bowl of dough with filtered water and place it in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
Step 2: Slice the chicken breast into squares, cut the mushrooms in half, and chop the leeks. Heat a pan on the stove, add the olive oil, and then add the sauteed leeks.
Step 3: In the next step of the instructions for making Chicken Pie, you put the chicken in and stir-fry, then add the mushrooms and stir well. Pour in the wine with a pinch of cooked salt. Heat the butter in another pan, then add the baking powder and stir until the mixture is white.
Step 4: Next, add the chicken broth and stir well, when the water is boiling, add the chicken and stir-fry. Turn fresh cream, coriander into the island to avoid lumps, season with salt and pepper, then turn off the stove.
Step 5: You take the dough out of the refrigerator and then roll it into 2 pieces, then put 1 layer of cake in the bowl and pour the chicken mixture in the middle.
Step 6: Finally, put the remaining cake layer on top, cut off the excess and shape the border around it. Punch a hole in the center of the cake and spread the egg layer on top of the cake. Then put the cake in the oven at 175 degrees C, for about 45 minutes. Check when the cake is golden brown, finished making Chicken Pie, take the cake out of the oven to let it cool for about 15 minutes and enjoy.
3. How to make chicken pot pie
Ingredients for Chicken pot pie (salty chicken cake) For 4 people
- 1 chicken
(about 1.5 – 2kg)
- Potatoes 100 gr
(about 3-4 bulbs)
- Carrots 2 pieces
- Celery 50 gr
- Chickpeas 20 gr
- Onion 3 pieces
- 1 yellow lemon
- Yellow lemon peel 1 teaspoon
- Parsley 1 sprig
- Musk leaves 15 gr
- Laurel 1 leaf
- Unsalted butter 300 gr
- 1 chicken egg
- Heavy cream 50 ml
- Volka 1 tbsp
- Garlic 2 bulbs
- Garlic powder 1 teaspoon
- Various flour 300 gr
- Common seasoning 1 little
How to choose to buy fresh chicken
Delicious chicken, the chicken skin will have a characteristic golden color. The outer layer of skin is thin, smooth to the touch, not too rough and has good elasticity.
The chicken inside has a natural pinkish red color, not too light or too dark. In particular, the chicken does not have bruises or hematomas. If the meat is slightly lighter in color or turns darker gray, then the chickens have died before being slaughtered.
If buying chicken that has been processed and packaged, look closely at the expiration date and packing date, and check that the openings of the bag are intact.
How to make Chicken pot pie (savory chicken cake)
1. Preliminary preparation of chicken and other ingredients
Buy chicken, you can use tweezers to pull out the remaining feathers on the chicken body, then rub the chicken with lemon and 1 tablespoon of salt, soak for about 10 minutes, then rinse several times with water. Use paper towels to pat dry the chicken.
TIPS: How to prepare clean, odor-free chicken
Cut off the oil glands on the chicken’s tail, or cut off the tip of the chicken’s tail to avoid affecting the flavor of the dish.
Use lemon or vinegar, salt, crushed ginger or white wine to rub the chicken for about 10 minutes then rinse with water.
Soak chicken in dilute salt water mixed with a little white wine for about 15 minutes to effectively eliminate odors
2 onions peeled, cut into areca segments, and the remaining 1 you diced. Garlic is lightly crushed, peeled off, leaving the cloves intact.
Carrots are washed, peeled, 1 you cut into small pieces to eat, 1 of you cut into small dices.
With potatoes, if you buy baby potatoes, just wash, peel, cut in half. If using large potatoes, cut them into bite-sized chunks.
Celery cut off the root, wash, cut into pieces about 1 inch long.
2. Chicken marinade
First, you put about 1 teaspoon of salt inside the chicken, spread it evenly.
Next, you put in turn 50g unsalted butter, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon pepper, 10g dried thyme leaves (or can be replaced with thyme leaf powder), 1 teaspoon yellow lemon zest, 1 teaspoon of salt in the bowl. Use a spatula to beat the butter and mix well.
Then, put a little mixture inside the chicken, spread evenly, use your fingers to rub between the chicken breast and the skin to help the chicken absorb the spices and taste better. The remaining marinade mixture, you apply evenly outside, all over the sides of the chicken.
Next, stuff the chicken’s belly with 1 lemon, 1 onion, 2 – 3 cloves of pre-cooked garlic.
Finally, use a string to tie the chicken legs together and break the wings upside down, this will help the chicken after grilling more beautiful and the wings will not burn.
3. Grilled chicken
Before baking, preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius for 10 minutes to stabilize the oven temperature.
Then, put the chicken in the baking tray, bake at 165 degrees Celsius for 80 minutes, then let the chicken rest in the oven for about 20 minutes to dry, fully cooked.
4. Strain and shred the chicken
Prepare 2 bowls, then cut the chicken into pieces to make it easier to tear the chicken.
Strain the skin, bones and chicken into 2 bowls, shred the chicken.
5. Chicken stew
Put the bones and chicken skin in the pressure cooker, add 1 onion, 1 carrot, 3-4 garlic cloves, 1/2 celery, 1 teaspoon pepper, 1 thyme leaves and vegetables parsley, 1 dried bay leaf.
Pour about 2.5 – 3.5 liters of water so that the chicken is submerged, add the chicken fat that has been collected after grilling. Cover the pot and simmer the chicken over high heat for 45 minutes.
If you don’t have a pressure cooker, you can stew the chicken in a regular pot for about 1 hour over medium heat.
6. Cook chicken sauce with vegetables
Put the pot on the stove, add 50g of unsalted butter, melt on medium heat.
Then, turn carrots, onions, potatoes, thyme leaves and 1 teaspoon of salt into the pot, mix well and cook for about 5-7 minutes at low heat until the vegetables start to soften. You add about 50g of all-purpose flour, mix well until the flour is dissolved.
Next, while stirring, pour the chicken broth into the pot, continue to cook on medium heat until the mixture thickens, then add 50ml of heavy cream, stir well.
Finally, add the chicken, peas, and a little parsley, mix well for 2-3 minutes, then turn off the heat.
Read more: How to make chicken thighs and rice casserole
II. How to make chicken pot pie casserole from scratch
Best Chicken Pot Pie
- 3 pounds of chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil 1 tablespoon olive
- pie crust You can buy 4 of them, or 2 tops and two bottoms, or double the recipe linked.
- 2/3 cup butter
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 2/3 cup of flour
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 3 cups of mixed frozen vegetables dried and thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried basil
- A pinch of garlic powder
- Salt and pepper according to your preference
- 1 egg beaten
- To cook a chicken breast: Season chicken breasts with salt, and basil along with black pepper. Put them in an oven dish and drizzle olive oil drizzled over them and bake at 350degF for around 25-30 minutes and until the internal temperature has reached the temperature of 165degF. Let it cool. Chop once cool enough to handle. Set aside.
- Make the pie crust with this recipe. Make sure to double the recipe. After that, cover and store in the refrigerator while making the filling.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Butter the bottom of a 9″x13″ baking dish. put it aside.
- In a stockpot at medium-low temperature. Add onions, and cook until they become translucent around 3 minutes.
- Mix in the flour and mix to combine. Continue cooking for about 2 minutes to heat the mix.
- Slowly add chicken broth, an approximately one-quarter cup at stretch, continually stirring. By adding it slowly, you will be able to make sure there aren’t any lumps.
- Mix in milk. Stir. Continue cooking over moderate heat, with the lid closed until the sauce thickens. Be sure to stir it often to ensure it doesn’t get burned on the bottom.
- Once the sauce has thin enough to resemble a thick gravy mix in chicken, mixed vegetables as well as garlic powder, basil as well as the seasonings salt and pepper. Stir. Remove from the heat and place aside.
- Make a half-sized pie crust on an area lightly floured, and then place it on a well-greased 9″x13″ baking dish. Pour in the sauce mixture. Make the second portion of pie dough, and place it on the top.
- Cut off any extra pie dough. Press the pie’s top and bottom crusts together (I employ a fork for this step). Cut slits into the top of the pie to let steam and heat escape.
- Utilizing a pastry brush apply a beaten egg on top of the pot pie.
- Bake in a 350-degree oven at 375 degrees for about 30 minutes. Cover and return to the oven to cook another 30-35 minutes or until the crusts are golden and cooked to the point of being cooked.
- Take out of the oven, and let rest for around 15-30 minutes prior to serving.
Read more: How to make old fashioned chicken and noodles casserole
The difference between chicken pie and chicken pot pie?
Can I use a pie crust that is regular to make pot pie?
Do you apply egg wash to your chicken pot pie?
How can you thicken your pot pie filling?
Are chicken pot pies healthy for you?