- 1 I. Introduce some chicken and cream of mushroom soup recipes
- 1.1 1. How to make delicious and nutritious mushroom cream chicken soup
- 1.2 2. Creamy white chicken soup with mushrooms and root vegetables
- 1.3 3. Chicken and cream of mushroom soup recipes Worcestershire sauce
- 1.4 Read more: Introduce some chicken hot dish recipes
- 2 II. How to make chicken and mushroom soup casserole
- 3 FAQ
- 3.1 Can I use cream of mushrooms instead of chicken cream?
- 3.2 How do you thicken the cream of soup made from mushrooms?
- 3.3 How can you make soup from chicken moist?
- 3.4 Does condensed cream of mushrooms soup exactly the same thing as the cream of soup with mushrooms?
- 3.5 How often should I include cream in soup?
- 3.6 Related
I. Introduce some chicken and cream of mushroom soup recipes
1. How to make delicious and nutritious mushroom cream chicken soup
Ingredients for Creamy Mushroom Chicken Soup For 2 People
- Chicken meat 200 gr
- Mushrooms 80 grams
- Onion 1/2
- Unsalted Butter 50 gr
- Wheat flour 20 gr
- Cooking milk cream 200 ml
- (cooking cream)
- Chicken seasoning powder 1 tbsp
- Salt 1/2 tbsp
How to choose and buy fresh ingredients
How to choose to buy good quality chicken
When buying, you should choose the meat with a natural pinkish-red color, firmness and a characteristic aroma of chicken.
Delicious chicken with light yellow skin, smooth, firm-hand, lightly pressed meat will feel the elasticity.
Do not choose to buy chicken with loose skin and meat, bruises or hematomas, strange odors or viscous discharge.
How to choose to buy delicious fresh mushrooms
Tasty shiitake mushrooms are white, have short legs, a round cap, and will smell good.
Should choose medium-sized mushrooms, firm-hand, not too small or unusually large because they may be sprayed mushrooms.
Do not buy mushrooms that turn ivory white or appear bruised, usually, mushrooms that have been stored for a long time, do not taste good or have been damaged.
How to make Creamy Mushroom Chicken Soup
1: Prepare the ingredients
To eliminate the smell of chicken, after buying it, soak the chicken in dilute salt water for 15 minutes. Then rinse the meat with water and cut the meat into small squares.
Mushrooms are washed and sliced to a thickness of about 1/4 knuckle.
Peel the onion, wash, and dice.
2: Stir-fry mushrooms and chicken
Put the pot on the stove, add 50g of unsalted butter and cook on low heat. When the butter melts, add the diced onion and saute for about 3 minutes.
Next, add the mushrooms and sauté for about 2 minutes. Then you add the chicken cut into squares and 20g of flour and stir-fry for another 2 minutes.
3: Cook chicken and mushroom cream soup
Then you put in 200ml of filtered water, 200ml of cooking cream, 1 tablespoon of chicken seasoning powder, 1/2 tablespoon of salt and stir with your hands over low heat until the soup boils.
Since the soup boils, cook for 3 more minutes, cook while stirring until the soup thickens, season to taste, then turn off the heat.
Ladle the soup into a bowl and enjoy it while still hot.
4: Finished product
The hot soup, fragrant with butter and onions, is extremely stimulating. Creamy, salty soup, tender chicken, sweet and crispy mushrooms are perfect for savory parties!
2. Creamy white chicken soup with mushrooms and root vegetables
- 200g Boneless Chicken Thighs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- White pepper
- Flour for cakes or all-purpose flour
- Olive oil
- 100 g Carrots
- 100 g Onions
- 100 g Lotus root (lotus root)
- 100 g Taro satoyama
- 100 g Turnip substitute: daikon
- 50 g Celery stalk
- Olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine
- 200 ml Water
- White pepper
- Roux (powdered butter) white
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 clove of chopped garlic
- 1/4 Sliced Onion
- 1 bay leaf
- 300 g Mushrooms of 3 types, eg. dancing mushrooms, shiitake mushrooms, chicken thighs, enoki mushrooms or Japanese abalone mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons pastry flour or all-purpose flour
- 250-300 ml Milk
- White pepper
- Class above
Sliced parsley leaves
1. Thoroughly season the boneless chicken thighs with white pepper. Sprinkle with salt and pat seasoning on both sides. Let the chicken rest for about 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile will cut the vegetables. Cut carrots in half lengthwise. Slice it into thick semi-circles.
3. Cut the onion halves into 4 wedges and then cut them in half horizontally.
4. Peel the lotus root with a paring knife. Cut it in half lengthwise and then cut it into wedges by rotating it after each cut as the chef is doing here.
5. Remove the terminal roots of the turnip. Cut the radish into quarters and wash the bottom root thoroughly with a bamboo stick (skewer).
6. Peel the taro. If it is a large tuber, cut it in half.
7. Remove the fibrous hardware of the celery. And then cut into bite-sized pieces.
8. With your hands, divide the dancing mushrooms and then cut them into medium pieces.
9. Similarly, cut the shiitake and chicken thighs into medium pieces. You can also use shiitake mushrooms and Japanese abalone mushrooms, but be careful not to use too many dancing mushrooms to keep the soup white.
10. Now gently remove any remaining water from the surface of the chicken with a paper towel. Sprinkle any flour on both sides of the chicken.
11. Add the olive oil to the heated stuffing. Place the chicken pieces in the pot with the side facing down.
12. When they are light brown, turn them over. Cook the other side lightly, remove the chicken and keep them on a plate.
13. Remove any remaining oil with a paper towel. Add olive oil and turn off the heat. Place carrots, onions, lotus root, taro, turnips, and celery into the heated pot. Lightly sauté the vegetables with tongs.
14. Place the chicken in the pot and pour in the white wine. Continue sautéing, evaporating the alcohol completely.
15. Sprinkle with salt and add water to the pot.
16. Close the lid and let the vegetables simmer on low heat for 20 minutes.
17. Meanwhile, we’ll make the white roux with the mushrooms. First, add olive oil and add chopped garlic and onions. Turn on the stove and sauté them over low heat.
18. When the smell is stronger and the onions and garlic are golden browns, add the bay leaves and chopped mushrooms.
19. Toss them well and sprinkle them with salt and pepper.
Stir-fry until the mushrooms are browned, making them more savory and fragrant. Add the pastry flour and stir-fry the mixture well over medium heat. Be careful not to burn it.
20. Pour in the milk gradually while stirring the mixture.
Mix until soft, bring to a boil and now the white roux is ready.
21. And now the vegetables and chicken are ready. Add the white roux (powdered butter) to the pot.
22. Mix the ingredients, dissolving the roux (butter mixed with flour). Let it simmer for a few minutes. Taste the soup and adjust to taste with salt and pepper.
23. Now, it’s ready to serve. Ladle the creamy soup into a bowl. Finally, sprinkle with parsley leaves.
3. Chicken and cream of mushroom soup recipes Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pound of chicken (boneless skinless chicken breasts, thighs or breasts) (455g) and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 8 oz. chopped mushrooms (226g)
- Two Tablespoons of olive oil (30ml)
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced or crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or according to your preference
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper, or according to your preference
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (15ml)
- Four cups of chicken stock (946ml)
- Half cup cream (120ml) (or half and a half and milk)
- 2 Tablespoons of flour (30ml) (optional) or Corn starch (optional)
1. Clean and slice the mushrooms. Set aside. In a large saucepan, heat medium-high heat, then add oil. Add garlic and onions and cook until the garlic is translucent.
Cook chicken for 2 minutes. Sprinkle salt and pepper oregano, thyme, Worcestershire sauce and mushrooms. Cook and stir until the mushrooms become soft.
Mix optional cornstarch or flour in the cream (half and half, or even milk) until it is fully integrated. Add cream and chicken broth to the soup. Combine the soup with chicken. Bring to a boil, and then reduce the heat to simmer.
Cook the soup for about 10 minutes or until the chicken is done cooking, the soup is thick, and the flavors have melded. Add salt to taste. If you don’t flavor the soup enough with salt, it may taste bland.
The BEST CHICKEN SOUP RECIPE Tips
- Even though this soup is rich and delicious, it also contains a generous amount of whipping cream it is possible to replace it with milk that is low in fat however the texture and taste of the soup won’t be as sweet and rich. We’ve tried both and the results are tasty!
- To enhance the flavor, you can use boneless chicken thighs or skinless, boneless breasts of chicken for the same flavor, but with less fat.
- The reason this recipe is so full of flavor is due to the fact that we sauté the chicken first. This adds a lot of aroma and flavor to the soup. Instead of just “boil the chicken”, this soup is a creamy and delicious mushroom stew that simmers in a low-heat pot with a delicious sauteed chicken and mushrooms!
- The recipe makes use of dried herbs, however, should you be able to find fresh herbs, even more delicious! Fresh herbs will enhance the flavor of this soup even to fresher and more vibrant.
Read more: Introduce some chicken hot dish recipes
II. How to make chicken and mushroom soup casserole
1. How to cook shiitake chicken soup
- 300g chicken
- 4-5 ears of shiitake mushrooms
- 2 US corn
- 1 chicken egg
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 dried onion
- 1 little coriander
- Seasoning: Sesame oil, seasoning, salt, pepper.
How to cook
Preliminary processing of chicken
First, you mix a little salt in a bowl of warm water, wash the chicken, put the chicken in a pot of cold water, put it on the stove to boil.
When the water boils, lower the heat, close the lid and continue to cook for about 10 minutes until the chicken is tender. Before taking the meat out, add a little salt and seasoning to cook chicken soup with a rich flavor.
Next, take the chicken out of the broth, drain the water, wait for it to cool down, and then tear the chicken into small pieces.
Prep the remaining ingredients
Next, you soak shiitake mushrooms in a bowl of water, wait for them to soften, then cut off the root, wash, and cut into small fibers.
Then, separate the egg whites and beat until smooth. Pick up the leaves and antennae of the corn, separate the seeds, and you can make a simple chicken soup recipe.
Cook chicken soup
Next, you put the pot on the stove, add 2 tablespoons of cooking oil to the boil and then add chopped dried onions and non-aromatic. Put all shredded chicken and shiitake mushrooms in the pot, and stir well for about 5-7 minutes.
Then, you put the broth in the pot, add the soft cooked corn kernels. The way to cook delicious chicken soup is to add seasonings including 1 teaspoon of salt, ½ teaspoon of seasoning, continue to cook for another 15 minutes to make the corn kernels flexible.
Completing the soup
Next, you mix tapioca starch in a small bowl of water, slowly add it to the soup to create a thick consistency for the dish.
Next, slowly add the egg whites into the soup, stir well, cook for about 1 more minute, turn off the heat.
Present and enjoy
Finally, you scoop the soup into a bowl, sprinkle some ground pepper, 1 teaspoon sesame oil and some finely chopped coriander to complete the chicken soup recipe quickly.
2. How to make delicious snow mushroom chicken soup
Ingredients for Snow Mushroom Chicken Soup
- 2 snow mushrooms
- 4 chicken eggs
- 1 carrot
- 3-4 purple onions, ginger
- 50 grams of tapioca starch
- Seasoning: Salt, sugar, seasoning, pepper.
- Coriander, scallions.
How to make snow mushroom chicken soup
Step 1: Prepare ingredients
Wash ½ chicken 1 time with water to remove dirt, do not wash too many times with water, it will lose the meat’s sweetness as well as cause harm to health. You can use a little crushed ginger to eliminate the smell of chicken.
Snow mushrooms soaked in warm water to expand, cut off the stem. Cut mushrooms into small pieces.
Peel the carrots, wash them, and cut them into cubes.
Minced purple onion
Coriander, scallions, washed, finely chopped.
Tapioca starch dissolves in water.
Step 2: Boil chicken and cook chicken broth.
Put the pot on the stove to boil the washed chicken, add enough water, add a little salt and finely chopped purple onion into the boiling water.
The chicken broth will be used later to make the soup. Pay attention to using a ladle to remove foam often to keep the chicken broth clear and delicious.
When the chicken is cooked, you take it out and let it cool, tear it into bite-sized pieces, the bones continue to simmer.
Step 3: Cook snow mushroom chicken soup
When the broth boils, season the broth with 1 teaspoon of seasoning, 1/2 teaspoon of sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Next, add the cooked carrots.
Add the dissolved tapioca flour and stir until the soup thickens.
Then add the shredded chicken to continue cooking.
Put the beaten eggs into the soup, stir well, add the snow mushrooms and cook for a while, season to taste, sprinkle with pepper and coriander, then turn off the heat.
So the snow mushroom chicken soup is complete. You scoop it out into a bowl, sprinkle some cilantro and toasted sesame if possible. Snow mushroom chicken soup when eaten will have a sweet and cool taste from boiled chicken broth and is quite enjoyable to eat because the mushrooms are tough. This dish you should use hot is the best, suitable for breakfast or dinner, and it’s also very delicious with quarts.
Read more: How to make old fashioned chicken and noodles casserole