- 1 I. Chicken thighs and rice casserole
- 2 II. Some chicken thigh rice recipe
- 3 III. Introduce one-pot chicken thighs and rice
- 4 IV. How to make chicken and rice casserole in the oven
- 5 FAQ
I. Chicken thighs and rice casserole
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for baking dish
- 2 C. white rice washed well and then drained1
- the large onion that is chopped
- 2 c. low-sodium chicken broth2
- (10.5-oz.) cans of cream of soup made from mushrooms
- Salt Kosher
- Black pepper freshly ground
- Four large, bone-in skin-on chicken thighs (about 2 lbs. )2 tbsp.
- Butter that has been melted
- 2 tsp. fresh 1 tsp. fresh
- clove garlic finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. Freshly chopped parsley for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease the inside of a 9″-x-13″ baking pan with cooking oil. Add the rice, onion, soup, and broth and stir until all is well. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken thighs skin side up in the rice mixture, and apply butter to the chicken thighs. Sprinkle with garlic and thyme and sprinkle by adding salt and pepper.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for one hour. Remove the foil and bake for 30 minutes longer until the rice is tender and the chicken is cooked. The oven is then set to broil. cook until the chicken has browned about 3 or 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley prior to serving.
II. Some chicken thigh rice recipe
1. Honey grilled chicken thigh rice
A colorful and delicious plate of rice full of starch, protein and vegetables will bring your family a pleasant surprise during the weekend.
Ingredients: for 4 servings
– Chicken rice: 2 cups of delicious rice, chicken broth, 3 large cloves of garlic, a little turmeric powder.
– Grilled chicken: 4 chicken thighs, salt, pepper, minced garlic, 1 tablespoon salted butter or magarine, 1 tablespoon honey.
– Cabbage salad: half a medium-sized cabbage, 1 carrot, laksa leaves, salt, pepper, fish sauce, lemon, sugar.
– Grilled chicken: salted chicken thighs, washed, dried, then marinated with salt, pepper and minced garlic to absorb (can be marinated overnight in the refrigerator). Line a baking tray with foil and spread a thin layer of cooking oil, then place the chicken thighs on top.
– Melted butter mixed with honey and then spread evenly on the chicken thighs, then put the whole tray into the oven preheated at 200 degrees Celsius to bake (both upper and lower fire). When baking for 20 minutes, take out the chicken tray and continue to spread butter and honey on the chicken and put it back in the oven again until the chicken is golden brown, the total baking time is about 40-45 minutes depending on the size of the chicken thighs. or small.
– Cabbage salad: thinly grated cabbage, washed and drained, sprinkled on cabbage with 1 tablespoon of sugar and 1 teaspoon of salt, let it sit for a while for the cabbage to shrivel and remove the water. Peel and grate the carrots and marinate with a little sugar. Lettuce is washed and cut into small pieces.
– Mixed fish sauce: 2 tablespoons fish sauce, 2 tablespoons sugar, juice of 1 small lemon mix well.
– Squeeze the cabbage and carrots to remove the water, then put it in a mixing bowl, then add the fish sauce and mix well to absorb, add laksa leaves and pepper to mix well, season to taste so that the salad has a good taste. A sweet and sour taste is fine.
– Cook chicken rice: Wash the rice and soak it in water for about 30 minutes until soft, then put it in a basket to drain. Peeled garlic, minced. Chicken broth with hot seasoning.
– Put the rice cooker (it is recommended to use a non-stick pot) on the stove to medium-high heat, put about 1 tablespoon of cooking oil in the hot pot and then add the garlic and fry until golden. Next, add a little turmeric powder and stir well, then add the rice and stir-fry for about 5 minutes until the rice becomes cloudy, then add the heated chicken broth so that it is about half a finger above the rice surface (less water than cooked). regular rice). Stir the rice with the water and bring to a boil for about 1 minute, then reduce the heat to low and cover the pot to cook until the rice is cooked. Pay attention to occasionally opening the lid of the pot, and use chopsticks to stir the rice to cook evenly.
– If using a rice cooker, after frying the rice, put the fried rice in the rice cooker with the chicken broth and close the lid and turn on the normal cooking button.
– Presentation: put the rice in a bowl and cover it tightly, then turn the rice over onto a plate, next to grilled chicken thighs with cabbage salad. Serve with delicious soy sauce and fresh chili (if you like spicy).
2. Oven Baked Chicken and Rice
- 5 bones inside chicken thigh fillets. Peel the skin off, (Note 1)
- 1 onion, chopped (brown or white)
- 2 cloves of garlic (large) chopped and minced
- 2 Tbsp (30g) butter (or olive oil)
- 1 1/2 cup (270g) white rice that has not been cooked (Note 3)
- 1.5 cups (375 mg) chicken broth/stock, hot (I microwave)
- 1 1/4 cup (315 mg) hot water (tap is clean)
CHICKEN RUB (NOTE 2):
- 1 teaspoon powder of paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Black pepper
- Oil spray
- Fresh thyme leaves, or finely chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 180degC/350degF.
- Spread garlic and onions in a baking dish (about 10×15″ 25 35 cm) Then, place the butter in the center. The oven should be on for around 15 minutes (check after 12 mins ), mix in if some pieces have started to brown too much).
- Mix the ingredients together Chicken Rub. Sprinkle it on both sides of the chicken.
- Take the baking dish out of the oven. Add rice, then mix.
- Place the chicken on the rice. Then, pour the chicken broth and water on top of the chicken.
- Cover with foil, and cook for about 30 mins. Remove foil, coat the chicken with oil (optional it gives the chicken a better look) Then bake for another 20 minutes or until the liquid has been completely absorbed.
- Wait for five minutes. Then take out the chicken and fluff the rice. Serve with thyme or parsley should you wish, then serve and take a bite!
- The dish is flavorful enough to be served without sauce however if you’d like to put it way beyond the norm, prepare this easy gravy in only 4 minutes (pictured in the video).
Read more: Some interesting chicken breast recipes
III. Introduce one-pot chicken thighs and rice
IV. How to make chicken and rice casserole in the oven
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 cups light brown sugar (OPTIONAL. To make KETO make use of brown sugar as a substitute)
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano (or dried parsley)
- 1 teaspoon sweet and mild hot paprika (or hot)
- 1 teaspoon each of garlic powder as well as onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of cracked black pepper, according to taste
- 6 skinless chicken thighs with or without bones
- 1 large onion that has been finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper cracked and cracked
- 1 1/2 cups hot chicken broth (or stock)
- 1 1/4 cup hot water 1 1/4 cups hot
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups white long-grain rice
for Mushrooms (OPTIONAL)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 14 pounds (400g) button mushroom, cut in quarters
- 1/4 cup of chives (or green onions) to be divided
- Pepper and salt, according to your taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180degC).
- In a bowl that is shallow make a mixture of sugar, olive oil, oregano and paprika, as well as onion powder, garlic powder salt, and thyme. Then, add the chicken and cover each piece equally in the spice mix. Place the chicken aside and allow the flavors to soak in the chicken. If you can, let the meat marinate overnight to enhance the flavor.
- Spray a baking dish (10-inch 15-inch x 15 inches or 25 35cm) with cooking oil nonstick spray. Add the garlic, onion, salt, oil hot boiled broth hot water, and butter into the dish. Mix well until the butter, then mix. Add the rice.
- In the dish, arrange the thighs on top of the rice. then cover the dish with aluminum foil for about 30 minutes and then bake. Remove the cover, spray the chicken with oil, then bake for another 25-30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked to the bone, and the rice is tender. Set the oven to broil, which will roast crispy rice and the cooked chicken (only takes about 3-5 minutes).
- Remove the chicken thighs Mix the rice in and then place the chicken on the rice. Cover the dish and let it sit for about 10 minutes, allowing it to soak up the flavors in the dish. The rice will end up cooking and then rest.
- While the chicken rests in the kitchen, cook your mushrooms (OPTIONAL): Heat butter in a pan at medium-high temperature. Sauté garlic till tender (30 minutes) and then add the mushrooms; cook until they are soft. Add 2 tablespoons of chopped chives and add salt and pepper.
- Transfer the chicken onto the plate, then fluff the rice using forks, and then mix the mushrooms with the rice. Then, place the chicken back on the rice and garnish with the remaining chopped parsley and chives. Serve and have fun!
- Bone-in chicken thighs bake in the same manner as rice, making them the ideal piece of chicken to use in this recipe. They also ensure succulent chicken pieces that don’t dry out. Nothing is worse than dry chicken.
- Skin-OFF thighs are much more effective in comparison to skin-on thighs. In the course of testing, we noticed that using skin-on thighs resulted in sticky and sticky half-raw rice. The chicken fat was soaked into the rice when it was baking.
- It is possible to use bone-in breasts to make this recipe for rice and casserole. Cooking time is exactly the same because chicken breasts are a bit thicker than chicken thighs.
- Drumsticks of chicken can be utilized with skin on or off. Both are effective.
- Place your chicken on the rice, as the photo above illustrates. It is important to ensure that the chicken is placed on top of the middle portion of the rice in order to ensure the rice cooks. The middle section left uncooked resulted in some grain pieces that were still raw.
- The long-grain variety is considered to be the ideal rice for cooking as it cooks uniformly. Basmati rice, as well as Jasmine rice, are both suitable for using the same ratio of liquid in addition to cooking duration.
- Please don’t make use of short-grain rice medium grain rice, paella, risotto, or minute rice.
Can you cook chicken in raw form using rice?
Are our Chicken and Rice good for you?
This meal in one pot is a healthy and delicious meal for the entire family. It’s packed with protein, carbohydrates and plenty of veggies and is low in sugar and fat. It’s a great option to serve a healthy dinner to your family members without much effort