- 1 I. How to make chicken rice casserole no soup
- 1.1 1. CREAMY CHEESY CHICKEN, RICE AND CREAMY CASSEROLE FROM SCRATCH
- 1.2 2. Creamy Rice and Chicken Casserole” without soup”
- 1.3 3. Rice Casserole with Cheesy Chicken (without soup)
- 1.4 Equipment
- 1.5 4. Crispy Chicken with Rice Casserole With or without canned soup
- 1.6 5. The BEST CHICKEN RICE CASSEROLE RECIPE WITH NO CONDENSED SOUP
- 1.7 Read more: Some chicken casserole with pepperidge farm stuffing
- 2 II. How to make chicken and rice casserole from scratch
- 3 FAQ
I. How to make chicken rice casserole no soup
1. CREAMY CHEESY CHICKEN, RICE AND CREAMY CASSEROLE FROM SCRATCH
- I made a mixture of carrots, onion and celery cooked in a small amount of butter. If you like broccoli or red bell peppers, it is possible to substitute them.
- I’d suggest using onions regardless for the greatest flavor.
- To garnish the dish, make use of frozen peas that have been thawed and then re.
- Why do I use butter instead? I decided to use butter since I wanted my casserole to taste traditional and buttery!
- Two tablespoons were all I needed and it did add an underlying butter taste.
- If you prefer extra-virgin olive oil, it will be fine.
In order to give it a little bit of body, but without the soup’s cream, some recipes call for. I used cream cheese whipped. Simply whisk it into your broth, and the cheese will begin to melt. Cream cheese that is regular also works however it is more difficult to mix in.
I used sharp cheddar pre-shredded cheese. I enjoy using stronger flavored cheeses in healthy comfort food recipes since you can make do with having a bit less however they do add a lot of cheese-y flavors!
WHAT TO DO IN MAKING CHICKEN RICE CASSEROLE
Step 1. Preheat in the oven. then spray the dish baking pan with cooking spray, then place the dry rice in the middle of the casserole dish.
Step 2. Saute the vegetables in oil to soften the vegetables. Incorporate the seasonings.
Step 3. Top your rice off with sauteed vegetables, spreading them out evenly.
Step 4: Top by adding the chicken chunks and peas on the top.
Step 5: Heat your sauce in the pan. Also, whisk in any bits of browned from cooking the vegetables. As it simmers then whisk in the cream cheese. If you are using traditional cream cheese it might appear lumpy however it’ll melt in the casserole when it bakes.
Step 6: Pour sauce over the casserole with caution not to disturb the chicken and peas too often.
Step 7. Cover the dish in foil and then place it in the oven where it will bake. Bake until the liquid has been absorbed approximately 45 minutes.
Step 8: Remove your foil. decorate with cheese. Repeat baking until the cheese has melted.
Allow the casserole to rest for around 10 minutes to cool before you begin digging into it. If you’d like, you could also sprinkle fresh parsley to add some prettiness.
2. Creamy Rice and Chicken Casserole” without soup”
- 4 tablespoons butter
- A medium onion diced (about one cup)
- 4 cloves finely chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt for seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt Kosher
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 4-tablespoons flour that is all-purpose
- 3 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 3 1/2 cups of whole milk, don’t be afraid to add a little more after it has been cooked if you wish to make it more creamy. I typically include at least 1/2 cup more when I know I will be freezing it.
- 1 1/2 cups long-grain rice uncooked
- 3 cups of cooked chicken cubed (I make use of the chicken that is from 1 Rotisserie Chicken)
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 sleeve Ritz style crackers finely crushed
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese shreds
- In a big saucepan on medium heat. Cook onions until they are translucent.
- Add garlic, salt with seasoned and pepper.
- Mix in flour and stir. Cook until the flour begins to get color.
- Add stock and milk to the mixture of flour. Increase heat to medium-high, and continue to whisk until the mixture heats up to a simmer.
- Adjust the seasoning and taste.
- Add rice, then reduce the heat to medium-low.
- The rice should cook until it absorbs the majority of water and becomes soft, stirring frequently for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Add the chicken to the sauce and rice mixture, and mix it well.
- Pour the mixture into a 9×13-inch casserole or two 8×8-inch casseroles.
- Mix cheese and cracker crumbs and sprinkle them evenly over the top of the casserole.
- Place the casserole in an oven hot to cook for 20-25 minutes or until the topping has cooked and the casserole has a bubbling.
3. Rice Casserole with Cheesy Chicken (without soup)
- Cutting board
- Chefs Knife
- Spongs Measuring Spoons
- Liquid Measuring Cup
- Box Grater
- 8 ” Round Baking Dish
- 1 pound of cooked chicken
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups broccoli with florets
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cup chicken soup with a low sodium preference
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 12-16 Ritz crackers, crushed
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a big pot then add the onion, and cook for about 4-5 minutes until it is soft. In the meantime, add garlic. Cook for an additional minute, stirring often. Add the flour and cook for about a minute while stirring often until the flour is lightly browned.
- While the onion cooks boil the broccoli to it is tender.
- Slowly add the milk and broth, stirring continuously and whisking for around one minute. Stir in salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Cook until it becomes thick, 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the stove and add the chicken-cooked rice, and broccoli, and mix to combine. Transfer the mixture into an 8 – or 9-inch baking dish, then decorate with crackers that have been crushed.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until it is bubbly and slightly brown on the top. Allow the casserole to cool for around 5 minutes prior to serving.
REHEATING AND STORAGE INSTRUCTIONS
The remaining food items can be stored within an airtight dish, and stored in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat in a 325°F oven until it is warmed up or microwave.
This casserole freezes well as well, so you should definitely double the recipe and freeze the other half. The unbaked casserole can be frozen with the cracker topping removed for three months..
Once you are ready to eat, let the frozen food thaw overnight. Remove the refrigerator about 30 minutes prior to baking. After baking, add the topping and bake as instructed. It is possible that you will need to add an additional 10 to 15 minutes in baking.
4. Crispy Chicken with Rice Casserole With or without canned soup
- 1 tablespoon Extra virgin olive oil divided
- 4 4- oz. Boneless, skinless and skinless chicken breasts
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- 1 Cup white rice washed and then drain
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- Black pepper and salt and black pepper
- Fresh parsley, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a 9×13-inch baking dish. Set aside.
- In the olive oil, heat an oven-proof frying pan at medium-high temperature. Incorporate chicken breasts and season using salt as well as pepper. Season with salt and black pepper.Cook till golden, around 3-4 minutes on each side. The chicken is not done cooking yet.
- Rice and onion to the baking dish that you have prepared. Add salt and black pepper, and mix to combine. Pour the broth of chicken over the rice. Then, place the seared breasts over the rice mix.
- Securely cover with aluminum foil. Bake for about 30 mins. Uncover. There’ll be an adequate amount of liquid left when you remove the foil.
- Bake for an additional 15 hours or so until the rice is done.
- Take the rice out of the oven, and allow it to cool to room temperature for five minutes prior to making the rice fluffy with a fork. Garnish by sprinkling fresh parsley
Rinse your rice with cold water prior to cooking. This helps remove starch and allows rice to cook more in a more fluffy way.
5. The BEST CHICKEN RICE CASSEROLE RECIPE WITH NO CONDENSED SOUP
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 lbs. bones in, skin on the chicken thighs
- 1/4 teaspoon of the spice of paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 Cup cut celery
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- Two teaspoons of fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1.5 cups basmati and Wild rice mix ( I used Della brand)
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 8 oz. heavy cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan
- Kosher salt
- freshly cracked pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Then, heat olive oil in an oven-safe salutes pan at medium-high temperature.
- Mix the paprika, garlic powder as well as a significant amount of both salt and black pepper. Sprinkle 2/3 of the seasoning onto the skin of the chicken.
- In the oil, cook the chicken with the skin down for three minutes, or till a deep golden brown crust develops. Sprinkle the remaining seasoning on the chicken’s underside (which faces upwards).
- Turn the chicken over and cook on the opposite side for approximately 2 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and place it aside. The chicken will be cooked on the outside and seared and not cooked through. It will then cook by baking the rice baked in the oven.
- While the heat is still on medium-high, add the onion, carrot celery, and two large pinches of pepper and salt into the pan. Cook and stir frequently for approximately 8 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Incorporate garlic, rosemary, and rosemary. Cook for one minute, stirring often.
- Then add the broth as well as heavy cream, Parmesan cheese, and rice. Stir until everything is well-integrated.
- Next, put the chicken thighs into the rice mixture. Cover with foil and bake for 40 to 50 hours or so, until cooked.
- Broil at high heat for about 1-2 minutes to make the skins of the chicken crisp and nice.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley and take pleasure!
- To get the best taste, you should use bone in the skin of chicken legs. If you have skinless chicken breasts in your fridge I suggest following the recipe’s directions exactly the same way and roasting the rice (covered) at a low temperature for around 20 minutes, then add the cooked chicken breasts to the rice mixture, covering it with more bake for an additional 20 to 30 minutes.
- The temptation is there I know, however, please avoid looking when the casserole is baking. The moisture from the cream and broth will simmer the chicken and create rice that is very soft and silky in texture. It’s safe to bake it for a minimum of 40 minutes prior to giving it an instant taste to determine whether it’s cooked. If it’s not fully cooked, cover it with a lid and test for another 5 or so minutes.
Read more: Some chicken casserole with pepperidge farm stuffing
II. How to make chicken and rice casserole from scratch
Food Safety Chicken Casserole (from SCRATCH!)
- 500g (1 1 lb) tenders or chicken thighs (tenderloin) Cut into 1.5cm two thirds” chunks (Note 1)
- 1/2 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp of pepper
- 1/2 tsp of chicken or vegetable stock powder (granulated Bouillon) (Note 2.)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 1/2 cup (625 mg) chicken broth/stock, low sodium
- 2.25 cups (625 mg) milk, any fat percent
- 1 1/2 cups white long grain rice, cooked (Note 3)
- 1/4 Cup (35g) flour, plain or all-purpose
- 1 tsp of chicken or vegetable stock powder (granulated Bouillon) (Note 2.)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 Tbsp (30g) unsalted butter
- 2 heads of broccoli (large! ) Cut into pieces (Note 4)
- 2.25 cups (200g) 2 cups (200g) of cheese shredded
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 190degC/375degF (180degC/350degF convection fan).
- Mix Chicken Ingredients.
- Warm the chicken broth and milk until it is hot. You can do this by any method (stove or microwave,). Combine them in a saucepan. (Note 5)
- Spread rice over 23 x 33cm/ 9 13″ ceramic or glass baking dish. (Note 6)
- Sprinkle flour, garlic powder, and stock.
- Pour in the chicken broth and stir until the flour is dissolved (some tiny lumps are fine).
- Mix in milk, then swish rice so that it spreads equally.
- Sprinkle broccoli over the top, followed by chicken then drizzle butter on (anywhere).
- Bake at room temperature for 40 minutes. (Might see some browned skin on the top, but it’s okay.)
- Make sure to check the rice before stirring it It should be just cooked (Note 7.).
- Add half of the cheese, stir, making certain to incorporate rice into the corners and along the edges of the pan. It should be smooth and flexible (see Video).
- Add cheese on top, then return to the oven for 5 minutes until cheese has melted.
- Sprinkle with green onion if you want, and serve!
Notes on the Recipe:
1. Chicken Thighs or tenderloins that are boneless best for juicy chicken and the least necessary cooking time. The breast can also be cooked, but it’s not as succulent!
Read more: Introduce some old fashioned baked chicken and rice
Do I boil rice prior to adding it to a casserole?
Nope! Just stir the rice into the brothy soup base, then add the cooked chicken thighs and let the oven do all the job! This means less work and no need to cook the rice in a separate saucepan! Oh, the convenience of cooking in one pot!
Is it possible to cook the chicken that is raw in a casserole?
In this recipe giving an easy searing prior to adding the other ingredients to the casserole will ensure that they cook to perfection and gives them a beautiful deep golden crust. The chicken breasts that are seared will add tons of flavor to this dish too.
Do I have the casserole to be covered before placing it in an oven?
Yes! covering the casserole helps trap the steam and makes the rice cook to a perfect level and allows the chicken to cook through its thighs. The lid will be removed, however, during the final few minutes, and then place the oven in broil mode so that the thighs of the chicken are crispy and delicious.
Do I have subnormal brown rice?
Yes. For this, you’ll need two cups of brown rice and four cups of broth. The rice takes longer to cook to absorb liquid, around one hour, 15 minutes. You may want to think about swapping in thighs of chicken for the breasts since they will dry out after an hour after baking. The thigh meat is very tender.
Is it possible to cook chicken and Rice in an oven?
In a baking dish include garlic, onion butter, olive oil boiling water, hot vegetables rice as well as salt and pepper. Give everything an instant mix. Then, place the chicken on top of the rice. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.