Pressure cookers are indispensable appliances for any modern kitchen. However, what if you forgot the pot on the stove for too long? The bottom of the pot will be at risk of burning black and more difficult to clean than other types of pots. That is also the reason why many housewives are afraid to use pressure cookers. Understanding that, Huttuscon shares with you how to clean the pressure cooker quickly, simply, and effectively!
- 1 1. How to clean the pressure cooker
- 2 2. How to clean a burnt pressure cooker
- 3 3. How to clean aluminum pressure cooker
- 4 4. Clean the rubber gasket and the valve of the pot
- 5 5. Mistakes when cleaning pressure cookers should absolutely not be made
1. How to clean the pressure cooker
- Step 1: Dissolve the specialized cleaning solution with a sufficient amount of warm water and soak the pot for about two hours. Immediately after use, fill the pressure cooker with warm water, add a small amount of specialized cleaning solution and let it soak for an hour or two. This will help prevent food from scaling and sticking to the pot.
- Step 2: Wash the pot with hot water, a cloth and a cleaning solution. In this step, rinse the pot that has been soaked in hot water and use a clean towel or sponge to soak a little cleaning solution and then wipe it. pot until completely clean.
- Step 3: Wash the pot and dry it with a dishtowel. Rinse the pot with clean water again and dry it with a clean towel to ensure that there is no excess water left to cause stains on the pot.
Read more: How to clean the toaster quickly and simply
2. How to clean a burnt pressure cooker
Immediately refer to the mistakes when cleaning the pressure cooker that you absolutely should not make to avoid. And whenever a pot or pan is accidentally burned, you should take action immediately to avoid burning food, contaminating the pot and sticking to it. The following is the solution recommended by many experts to clean a burnt pressure cooker.
- Step 1: Boil water, cream of tartar and lemon juice. Dissolve a mixture of one liter of water, 2-3 tablespoons of cream of tartar (you can find the product at spice stores in supermarkets or shops. goods) and a small amount of lemon juice. Bring the mixture to a boil in another clean pot. To clean the pot more effectively, you can also pour the mixture directly into the pressure cooker and bring it to a boil right in the pot before proceeding to the next steps.
- Step 2: Pour the boiled mixture into the pressure cooker and let it soak. Pour the prepared mixture into the pot and let it rest for about 15 – 30 minutes depending on the degree of the burning of the pot.
- Step 3: Rub the burned pot surface with a sponge or cloth. Scrub the pot with a clean sponge or cloth. Huttuscon recommends using a plastic scouring pad instead of a metal one to avoid scratching and damaging the pot.
3. How to clean aluminum pressure cooker
Diluted white vinegar solution is also one of the natural and safe cleaning agents that effectively remove dirt and burn stains. However, with pressure cookers made of aluminum, using too much vinegar can cause dull stains on the surface of the pot. So, when using this method to clean aluminum pots, you should test the mixture on an inconspicuous area of the pot to check how safe the mixture is with the pot!
In addition to the above method, you can also dissolve baking soda with water to form a paste, let the solution sit in the pot for a few hours before using a sponge, washcloth, or plastic brush to clean it until it becomes clear. The pot is completely cleaned.
Read more: How to clean a burnt pot in a snap
4. Clean the rubber gasket and the valve of the pot
After completing the cleaning steps, do not forget to clean the rubber gasket and valve stopper of the pressure cooker! Take them off and then apply the same cleaning method as Huttuscon shared above. One more point you need to pay attention to is to make sure there is no dirt stuck between the slots and corners!
5. Mistakes when cleaning pressure cookers should absolutely not be made
Pressure cookers are appliances that help you save cooking time, and help retain the most vitamins and minerals. However, not everyone knows how to use a pressure cooker for long time. During use, mistakes in cleaning and storage cause the pressure cooker to be damaged and less durable. Let’s find out and avoid these mistakes right away.
This is a common pressure cooker mistake that you need to avoid. Pressure cookers usually have a rubber ring in the lid. When cleaning the pot, many people do not separate the rubber ring for separate cleaning. This causes food residues left on the rubber ring to not be cleaned up.
#2 Do not use a dry cloth to clean the pot after washing
To ensure the safe and long-lasting use of the pressure cooker, you should dry the cooker thoroughly after washing. However, many people skip this step, causing the pot to spoil quickly. To properly maintain the pot, after cleaning the pot, use a cloth to dry the parts. Be careful not to leave water, stains, or dishwashing liquid on the parts. Especially dry the pressure valve part, avoid clogging and endangering you when cooking next time.
#3 Did not read the user manual carefully
How to use the pressure cooker will be fully and detailed by the manufacturer on the user manual. Before using or cleaning the pot, you should read the instructions first. Ignoring the instructions will lead to some common mistakes such as forgetting to remove the pot valve and not cleaning it when using it.
#4 Immerse the pressure cooker in water to wash it
Immersing the pressure cooker in water when cleaning can easily damage the cooker. Therefore, the correct way to use a pressure cooker is not to immerse the entire pot in water. Instead, you should wash each part of the pot gently, and cleanly. In addition, you should not clean the pot with a dishwasher, because it easily causes the pot valve to become clogged with food residue.
#5 Lock the pressure cooker for a long time
When not using the cooker for a long time, you should not lock the pressure cooker. This will damage the rubber ring, causing the rubber ring to deform. Not only that, but you will also not be able to open the pot because the lid and the pot are stuck together.
#6 Do not wash with dishwashing liquid, use unsafe washing water
Another mistake that many women make is not cleaning the pressure cooker with dishwashing liquid, which causes grease to stain on the pot. Besides, the quality of dishwashing liquid is also something you should pay attention to. Because dishwashing liquid with ingredients from toxic chemicals will seriously affect the skin of your hands, adversely affecting your health as well as family members. Therefore, you should choose to buy cleaning products with safe ingredients, from reputable brands, trusted by many Vietnamese families.