Do you feel uncomfortable when every time you open the refrigerator door, you can smell a musty and musty smell in your nose? But if cleaning chemicals are used, will they penetrate into the food being stored in the refrigerator, affecting the health of your family? The refrigerator has a bad smell is a sign that you need to clean the refrigerator immediately because, at this time, pathogenic bacteria will enter the food or from the food penetrate into every corner of the refrigerator, causing the refrigerator to smell. and bacteria. Understanding the importance of protecting health and family, Huttonscon would like to share with you the effective and fast ways to clean and deodorize the refrigerator.
- 1 I. What causes the refrigerator to have a bad smell?
- 2 II. When should the refrigerator be cleaned?
- 3 III. Steps to clean and deodorize the refrigerator
- 4 IV. How to clean and deodorize the refrigerator from natural ingredients
- 4.1 1. How to deodorize the refrigerator with orange and tangerine peels
- 4.2 2. How to use dry tea to clean and deodorize the refrigerator
- 4.3 3. Tips to deodorize the refrigerator with fresh lemons
- 4.4 4. How to deodorize the refrigerator with baking soda (baking salt)
- 4.5 5. How to use vinegar to remove refrigerator odors
- 4.6 6. How to deodorize the refrigerator with activated carbon, charcoal
- 4.7 7. Clean cotton towels – Tools for cleaning and deodorizing the refrigerator are surprisingly effective!
- 4.8 8. Deodorize the refrigerator with coffee
- 4.9 8. Deodorize the fridge with bread
- 4.10 9. Clean the fridge with ginger root
- 4.11 10. How to deodorize the refrigerator with toilet paper
- 4.12 11. Deodorize the refrigerator with lemongrass
- 4.13 Related
I. What causes the refrigerator to have a bad smell?
Food is spoiled for a long time in the refrigerator
During the epidemic season or families with many members, they must regularly store food in the refrigerator in large quantities. If the food is too much and left for too long in the refrigerator, it will easily go rancid and give off an unpleasant smell. When the food is spoiled, it will produce many bacteria that are harmful to health and at the same time affect the quality of other foods.
Improper food storage
Raw vegetables and meat have completely different preservation methods. Fish meat will most likely stick to the fishy smell, so you should be careful to store them in the refrigerator or freezer.
There will be foods that should not be stored in the refrigerator, so you should be careful and classify them properly.
The refrigerator is not cold due to damaged parts
The refrigerator used for a long time will easily encounter problems with operation. The refrigerator lacks gas, turns off humidity, blocked steam pipes or broken wires can also cause this phenomenon. When encountering this situation, you should clearly see the cause and contact the service center for repair support.
Do not clean the refrigerator regularly
If your refrigerator often stores a variety of foods, food that is not cleaned will easily be covered with dirt. Sometimes spilled food or liquid creates a favorable environment for bacteria to multiply. This is also the cause of unpleasant odors in the refrigerator.
II. When should the refrigerator be cleaned?
If you have learned about how to clean the refrigerator, you can refer to the times when you need to clean the refrigerator, including:
– Recently bought: At this time, the cabinet is still new, the smell of materials and plastic is quite strong, not good for health. You should clean the cabinet and then deodorize the refrigerator, let it air for about 4-6 hours before putting it into use.
– Long-term use: This must be very natural. If used for a long time, the cabinet will be dirty, easy to create conditions for bacteria to multiply, so it should be cleaned.
– Refrigerator is frozen: At this time, you need to defrost and ice, return the refrigerator to a dry space before continuing to use. This is also a simple but effective way to clean the refrigerator freezer.
– Moldy cabinets: Harmful bacteria love this environment. To ensure your health, learn immediately how to clean the refrigerator to remove odors and deodorize it so that it is no longer moldy!
Depending on the usage, we have different refrigerator cleaning intervals. However, on average, you should clean the refrigerator at least once a month to ensure hygiene and safety for the health of yourself and your family.
Read more: Food preservation: costly and unhealthy mistakes
III. Steps to clean and deodorize the refrigerator
Note before cleaning the refrigerator
1. Before cleaning the refrigerator, you should unplug it to disconnect the power supply. If you stay connected to electricity while cleaning the refrigerator, it will not be safe and will certainly increase your electricity bill.
2. Remove all food from refrigerator compartments, shelves and doors. Do not forget to observe the food, if you see any spoilage, you should remove it immediately because one of the reasons why the refrigerator smells is spoiled food.
3. Try to complete the cleaning of the refrigerator in 4 hours because the food taken out of the refrigerator can only be left outside for about 4 hours. If this time is exceeded, the food is very perishable and unsafe to use.
4. Ideally, food should be kept cool during your cleaning of the refrigerator. You can add ice to best preserve food and avoid food damage.
5. Clean the corners and shelves of the refrigerator with a mixture of water and baking soda with a ratio of 128 baking soda to 3.8 liters of water. Then, you take a soft cloth dipped in this mixture and scrub the cabinet. In addition, you can also replace it with a mixture of water and vinegar in equal proportions to clean the cabinet.
6. If the mixture for cleaning the cabinet loses its effectiveness or becomes dirty, replace it with a new one and continue cleaning.
Step 1: Clean the fridge
You need to take everything out of the refrigerator, remove spoiled or expired food, and clean any areas of food residue in the refrigerator. Next, remove the shelves in the cabinet and soak it in a mixture of hot water and dishwashing liquid. After that, you continue to clean the remaining stains in the nooks and crannies of the cabinet.
– Step 2: Equip tools
You should skip using an all-purpose cleaning spray, and use a solution of baking soda and vinegar instead. This natural mixture will not only help clean the cabinet but also help eliminate odors in the refrigerator.
To clean and clean the refrigerator, you will also need a sponge or soft cloth. You need to make sure the cleaning pad doesn’t have any loose rags. In addition, a toothbrush will also help you easily clean crevices, small spaces where food gets stuck. Then, soak the vinegar and baking soda evenly on the utensils and then proceed to clean the refrigerator.
– Step 3: Wipe the refrigerator
When the refrigerator is empty, be sure to clean the entire refrigerator, including the drawers, top, sides, and doors. Don’t forget to clean the outside of the fridge too
Step 4: Clean tools
After cleaning the refrigerator, clean the cloth, sponge, brush with warm water to remove stains, baking soda residue and vinegar. You can wash it a few times until you feel the cleaning kit is clean again.
– Step 5: Store food in the cabinet
If you have a refrigerator thermometer, keep an eye on when the temperature in the refrigerator drops to 5 degrees Celsius or below before putting food in storage. In addition, if the refrigerator has a quick cooling function, start it to save time.
IV. How to clean and deodorize the refrigerator from natural ingredients
1. How to deodorize the refrigerator with orange and tangerine peels
After enjoying the oranges and tangerines, don’t rush to throw away the orange and tangerine peels. The peels of oranges and tangerines contain a large amount of fresh, natural aromatic oils that have a very good deodorizing effect. Here are the steps to deodorize the refrigerator from orange and tangerine peels.
– Preparation: Peel off the citrus peel from 3-4 fruits.
– How to deodorize the refrigerator: You proceed to wash the citrus peel and dry it. Then, put in the corners in the refrigerator. After a period of 3 days, the citrus peel will automatically absorb the odor in the cabinet. You can continue to do this simple way to keep your fridge odor-free.
In the peels of oranges and tangerines, there are essential oils that help deodorize very well, remember to leave the peels fresh and not dry
Read more: Revealing the secret to eliminate odors on plastic boxes easily and effectively
2. How to use dry tea to clean and deodorize the refrigerator
To deodorize the refrigerator with green tea:
– Preparation: 5 tea bags with flowers in a paper filter bag. This type is widely available in supermarkets.
– How to deodorize the refrigerator: You just need to put them in the refrigerator compartments. Each layer 1 bag and the essence from the tea leaves will absorb the bad smell in the refrigerator.
You can use that tea bag continuously for 1 month. Then you dry them in the sun and put them back in the fridge to avoid waste.
Leave the tea in a paper filter bag and then put it in the refrigerator within 3 hours after the smell will completely disappear you can leave it for 1 month and then expose it to the sun to dry if you want to use it again.
3. Tips to deodorize the refrigerator with fresh lemons
Lemon is often used in household tips to help deodorize and clean stains. The scent of lemon peel (citrus acid) is also very popular in essential oil bottles sold today.
Extremely simple and extremely effective are the adjectives that describe this lemon-based way of deodorizing the refrigerator.
– Preparation: You need 5 lemons to deodorize the refrigerator from 100 liters.
– How to deodorize the refrigerator with lemon: Slice a lemon thinly, place it on small plates or small flan lids and put it in the refrigerator. Alternatively, you can also dip a few cotton balls in lemon juice and use them to wipe the inside of the refrigerator. The smell of essential oils in lemon peel and the acid in lemons will help you deodorize your refrigerator quickly.
The smell of essential oils in lemon peel and the acid in lemons will help you quickly deodorize your refrigerator
4. How to deodorize the refrigerator with baking soda (baking salt)
Baking soda has long been known to be an eco-friendly cleaner and an effective deodorizer. Therefore, many people who practice deodorizing refrigerators with baking soda have received very positive results.
– Preparation: About 5-6 tablespoons of Baking soda.
– How to deodorize the refrigerator with Baking Soda: You put a few tablespoons of baking soda in an uncovered box; Or pour it on a plate. After that, put the box of baking soda in the refrigerator to absorb all the food smell, the plastic smell of the newly bought refrigerator… And you just keep the dough plate in the refrigerator until the smell is completely gone.
Baking soda has strong reducing properties, so it will remove all odors in the refrigerator quickly, including the smell of plastic
5. How to use vinegar to remove refrigerator odors
In vinegar, the acid component should be quite effective at deodorizing. This way of deodorizing the refrigerator is also quite simple.
– Preparation: 6 – 7 tablespoons of vinegar.
– How to remove refrigerator odors with vinegar: Pour vinegar into a glass bottle. However, do not cover them, but put them directly in the refrigerator.
Putting a cup of white vinegar in the refrigerator will make the odor completely eliminated
6. How to deodorize the refrigerator with activated carbon, charcoal
One of the simple ways to deodorize the refrigerator that you can apply is using activated charcoal.
How to deodorize the refrigerator with activated carbon: Currently, in supermarkets selling a lot of activated charcoal deodorant boxes, you just need to buy and put activated charcoal in an empty corner in the refrigerator. Many housewives have used charcoal or activated charcoal to deodorize their refrigerators.
The advantage of this refrigerator odor treatment is that it has a long time of use, you do not need to constantly change it. According to the experience of many people who have used it, using activated charcoal to deodorize does not affect the quality and taste of food.
Activated charcoal, charcoal is completely safe when you keep it in the refrigerator to deodorize
7. Clean cotton towels – Tools for cleaning and deodorizing the refrigerator are surprisingly effective!
One more simple ingredient to deodorize the refrigerator that housewives should know about is cotton towels.
How to deodorize the refrigerator with a cotton towel: Use a clean cotton towel to fold neatly and place it in the top drawer of the refrigerator. Cotton fabric has good hygroscopicity thanks to the small holes in the cotton towel, so it will absorb all the unpleasant odors in the refrigerator. After a while, take out the towel and wash it with warm water and fabric softener, dry it and can be reused.
How to deodorize the refrigerator with a clean cotton towel that effectively absorbs moisture and odors, please apply immediately!
8. Deodorize the refrigerator with coffee
Coffee is a beverage that is quite popular with many families. However, not everyone knows that the coffee grounds that we often throw away are a very effective way to deodorize the refrigerator.
How to deodorize the refrigerator with coffee grounds: After making coffee, use a cloth to wrap the grounds and put them in the refrigerator. This coffee bag can be kept in the refrigerator for about 3 weeks. You can then take it out and replace it with a new bag.
Coffee can overwhelm all odors in the refrigerator and make the air cleaner and more fragrant
8. Deodorize the fridge with bread
It sounds weird, but bread is actually a pretty effective way to get rid of refrigerator odors. Bread has dry characteristics, so it absorbs moisture quite well, and has a pleasant smell. Put bread in the refrigerator, you can use them for a whole month to deodorize the refrigerator without worrying about spoiling.
You will be surprised when you put bread in the refrigerator and after only 2 hours, the refrigerator smell is significantly reduced!
9. Clean the fridge with ginger root
With a characteristic aroma, ginger has become a popular spice used in the preparation of meat dishes, braised fish, stir-fried vegetables, soups, even cocktails… In addition, they are also considered. It is a quick refrigerator deodorizer.
How to deodorize the refrigerator with ginger: Slice a few fresh ginger roots, preferably old ones (with a lot of essential oils). Then put these thin slices of ginger in the refrigerator. The smell of ginger will remove the fishy smell from fish, meat, shrimp, …
It is recommended to choose old ginger roots because the strong smell helps to effectively deodorize the refrigerator
10. How to deodorize the refrigerator with toilet paper
Because it contains too many different foods, the refrigerator often has an unpleasant odor. Each time, women have to “work hard” to clean and clean the entire cabinet, but it is not certain that the odor has been completely handled. So is there any way to completely solve this problem?
The answer is yes. You only need two rolls of toilet paper. It sounds ridiculous, but this method really works.
How to deodorize the refrigerator with toilet paper: At night, before going to bed, put a small roll of toilet paper in the freezer compartment. The next day, the bad smell in the refrigerator will disappear completely.
What “miracle” happened? The truth is very simple. When the humidity in the refrigerator is too high, it will easily create an unpleasant odor, but thanks to the presence of a paper towel, all excess moisture, including the bad smell, will be sucked away.
Toilet paper also has the ability to absorb moisture and absorb odors in the refrigerator effectively, put it in the refrigerator at night before sleeping.
11. Deodorize the refrigerator with lemongrass
Lemongrass is a common ingredient in the preparation of essential oils, which helps to deodorize the room, house, food smell… and especially the bad smell in the refrigerator.
How to deodorize the refrigerator with lemongrass: Buy a small bunch of lemongrass, wash them, smash them and put them in the refrigerator. The scent of natural essential oils in lemongrass will blow away even the most unpleasant odors.
Essential oils in lemongrass not only have the ability to eliminate odors but also help you feel comfortable and relax mentally
Improper food storage will cause unpleasant odors in the home’s refrigerator. If you are facing this situation, do not hesitate any longer without immediately applying the fastest and most effective ways to clean and deodorize the refrigerator that Huttonscon has suggested. Always take care of your family’s health. Huttonscon wishes you success!