While using the refrigerator every day, many families often keep only one temperature for all needs and the amount of food stored in the refrigerator. However, adjusting the refrigerator temperature to suit the needs of food preservation and the changing ambient temperature is essential for the refrigerator to operate at the correct capacity and prolong the life of the equipment. In this article, let’s learn the importance of adjusting the refrigerator temperature with huttuscon and the 4 fastest ways to control it. optimal refrigerator temperature setting!
- 1 I. Importance of refrigerator temperature regulation
- 1.1 1. Learn the structure of the refrigerator
- 1.2 2. Learn the cooling principle of the refrigerator
- 1.3 3. Differentiate between 1 indoor unit and 2 indoor unit
- 1.4 4. Refrigerator temperature control buttons
- 1.5 Read more: About the soft freezing feature of the refrigerator
- 2 II. Ways to adjust the refrigerator temperature to help the refrigerator operate optimally
- 3 III. Use 2 buttons to adjust the temperature in the refrigerator
- 4 FAQ
I. Importance of refrigerator temperature regulation
1. Learn the structure of the refrigerator
Before learning the best ways to adjust the refrigerator temperature, let’s go to huttuscon to understand the structure of a refrigerator – a familiar friend in every family’s kitchen. Understanding the structure of a refrigerator also gives you an overview of how to use and maintain this device.
Structurally, all refrigerators are divided into 2 main parts, each with a separate task
- Refrigerator shell: designed to include an insulation layer to help the refrigerator avoid the release of grain vapor from the inside to the outside. The insulation in the middle of the wrap is sure to last over time.
- Freezer compartment
- Cooling compartment
- Refrigerator door
- Food trays
- Refrigerator temperature knob
Refrigerator cooling system:
- The refrigerator compressor (block) compresses and sucks gas circulating in the refrigerator.
- Outdoor unit: gas cooling.
- The indoor unit (inside the refrigerator) is responsible for cooling the refrigerator with the heat absorption method, helping the food to be preserved longer.
- Refrigerator gas is an important component in the refrigerator, this is the temperature maintainer for the indoor unit.
2. Learn the cooling principle of the refrigerator
The principle of cooling a refrigerator is very simple. When the refrigerator is in operation, cold air will be generated from the cooling system mounted inside the refrigerator, then this cold air will be led by the ventilation fan throughout the space inside the refrigerator. At the same time, the condenser will discharge hot air to maintain the refrigerator temperature at the desired level.
Adjusting the refrigerator temperature controls the amount of cold air generated from the cooling system. From there increase or decrease the temperature according to the needs of the user.
3. Differentiate between 1 indoor unit and 2 indoor unit
On the market today, there are both refrigerators with 1 indoor unit and refrigerators with 2 indoor units. The distinction is as simple as the name itself.
– The refrigerator has 1 indoor unit that will run for both the freezer and freezer, these two compartments are jointly controlled by the refrigerator temperature adjustment buttons.
– While the refrigerator has 2 indoor unit technology, there will be an indoor unit system and separate refrigerator temperature control panels for each compartment.
Based on the cooling principle of the refrigerator, the refrigerator temperature control buttons are also divided into two main groups: the buttons to adjust the cabinet temperature and the buttons to adjust the wind level.
As for the temperature control button, the refrigerators will arrange knobs and buttons with pre-divided temperature numbers or lines. Users can customize the number of temperatures they want by pressing the up or down button or turning the knob from left to right.
– The higher the gear is turned (toward MAX), the colder the refrigerator will be, so the refrigerator will operate at a higher capacity. Some models also have the phenomenon of the refrigerator making a loud noise like the wind, but you can rest assured that the refrigerator is a very normal phenomenon.
– The opposite when you turn the number of the Temp button. The smaller the control (towards the MIN) the refrigerator will reduce coldness and the refrigerator will remain at a lower capacity.
A few notes when using the refrigerator temperature control button:
The Temp Control button is often confused with the temperature control button in the refrigerator compartment because its location is usually located in the refrigerator compartment. However, this button has the function of adjusting the temperature for the entire refrigerator.
Particularly for refrigerators with 2 indoor units, there will be separate controls
With a refrigerator with 2 indoor units, it will be a little different. Don’t worry, below I will guide you.
Just like the refrigerator temperature control buttons, to adjust the fan level in the refrigerator you can also use the increase and decrease buttons and knobs depending on different refrigerator models.
– If the slider is adjusted close to “MAX”: the blower gives priority to blowing into the freezer compartment. Therefore, the amount of wind under the cooler will be minimized.
– If the slider is adjusted close to “MIN”: the fan restricts airflow into the freezer compartment. So the amount of air will automatically circulate to the cooler compartment more.
Adjusting the refrigerator temperature according to the weather and needs is essential. It plays an important role in keeping food fresh and keeping the refrigerator running stably, increasing the life of the appliance.
II. Ways to adjust the refrigerator temperature to help the refrigerator operate optimally
1. Optimal temperature adjustment for the whole refrigerator
To keep the temperature in the refrigerator at an optimal level, not too low to waste electricity, nor too high to affect the food preservation process, you need to understand the surrounding environmental factors, the volume amount of food to be preserved.
If the refrigerator has too much food to store, adjust the refrigerator temperature to a higher than average level, usually 6, 7. For refrigerators that show the temperature in bars, adjust up the line. close to the word MAX.
Conversely, if the amount of food to be stored is not much, you can adjust the refrigerator temperature to the average, usually the number 4 or the middle line for refrigerators that use the temperature bar.
2. Adjust the refrigerator temperature to match the freezer compartment
The main freezer compartment is the storage compartment for many fresh foods such as fish, shrimp, meat, … or other dry items that need to be refrigerated. Therefore, if the refrigerator temperature adjustment of this compartment is wrong, the above foods will be damaged, affecting the health of the user.
The most suitable temperature for the refrigerator, which is recommended by many experts, is -18 degrees Celsius. At this temperature bacteria and molds in food do not have the opportunity to grow, thereby the quality of food. always secured. In some cases when the refrigerator does not have too many items, you can consider increasing the freezer temperature to -16 degrees Celsius to save energy.
Note: The above temperatures are for reference only, actual parameters may vary depending on the manufacturer.
3. Find the right temperature for the cooler
Foods stored in the refrigerator are usually those that will be used immediately or at the latest within a week. Therefore, the ideal temperature to store in the refrigerator is between 2 and 4 degrees Celsius.
When adjusting the temperature of the refrigerator, keep this temperature in mind to store food effectively. If the amount of food in the cooler is a lot, you can consider lowering the refrigerator temperature or increasing the fan to the cooler to keep the food fresh.
A note when using the refrigerator compartment that you need to keep in mind: for foods that have not been used right away, please transfer them to the freezer compartment for more optimal preservation. This helps to avoid food spoilage due to insufficient refrigeration temperature for storage and can affect other foods being stored in the same compartment.
Note: The above temperatures are for reference only, actual parameters may vary depending on the manufacturer.
4. Adjust the ideal refrigerator temperature for the vegetable compartment
Usually, the vegetable compartment will be the bottom compartment of the refrigerator, sharing the same refrigerator temperature control as the cooler compartment, but the vegetable compartment will be colder because the cold air always sinks to the bottom. To keep the freshness of the vegetables in the refrigerator, you should also maintain the temperature at 2 to 4 degrees Celsius!
In some cases, when it is necessary to lower the average temperature of the refrigerator to preserve food more effectively, this can lead to preventing vegetables from freezing. To solve this undesirable problem, you can adjust the fan to be stronger in the cooler so that the air always circulates in the refrigerator, thereby reducing the situation of frozen vegetables significantly.
The indoor unit is placed inside to help the refrigerator cool effectively. The power adjustment knob of the indoor unit is set to adjust the coldness of the whole cabinet. This button is usually round in shape and is located in the refrigerator compartment.
If you want to change the coldness of both the freezer and refrigerator, you just need to adjust with this button. The indoor unit will operate at low power if you set this button to the lowest position (Min). Conversely, when this button is adjusted to the high cooling position (Max), the indoor unit of the refrigerator will operate with a larger capacity and the refrigerator will cool faster in both compartments.
When the refrigerator has an indoor unit, there must be an additional fan hidden to distribute cold air to 2 drawers. This fan is usually located above the freezer compartment and has a distribution button to divide the airflow down to each compartment inside the cabinet.
At the adjustment button on the freezer, when you swipe to the left, more cold air will be distributed to the refrigerator compartment and vice versa, turning to the right will distribute more cold air to the freezer.
If you store food mainly in the refrigerator compartment, then just push the button to let the wind blow down the refrigerator more, without needing to increase the capacity of the refrigerator by adjusting the button under the refrigerator compartment, causing unnecessary electricity consumption.
Users can actively set the freezer and refrigerator compartments to the desired temperature. Just one adjustment will keep the desired temperature year-round, unaffected by changes in the outside temperature.
– Temperature adjustment button in the refrigerator compartment: The normal adjustment button will be adjusted at the “MID” position. When storing food at a lower or higher temperature, adjust the knob to the “MAX” or “MIN” direction. Turn to the “MAX” position if there is a need for quick cooling and when finished, turn it back to the normal position and you’re done.
– Air distribution button in the freezer compartment: For normal storage needs, turn the knob at the “MID” position. When you need to make quick ice or freeze homemade food, turn the temperature control knob in the freezer to the “MAX” position.
Where is the refrigerator thermostat located?
Locate the thermostat using the owner’s manual for your refrigerator. For side-by-side refrigerators/freezers, the thermostat is often on the back of the unit, whereas for over/under units, the thermostat is more likely to be under the fridge.
How do I know if my fridge is cold enough?
To check the temperature of a refrigerator, it’s best to use food or liquid that has been in the compartment for at least 24 hours. The most common practice is to place a glass of water in the refrigerator (but not in the door) and let it sit for a day. Then place the thermometer in the glass to get a reading.
Why is my fridge freezing things?
The optimum temperature range for storing fresh food is between 3-4.5 degrees Celcius. If your food is freezing, then it is possible that your fridge’s temperature setting was accidentally set too low. This is a common problem that can lead to your refrigerator freezing food.
Is it better to keep a fridge full or empty?
A full freezer retains cold better than an empty one. When you open the door, the mass of frozen food will help keep in the cold, and the unit won’t have to work as hard to cool empty space.
Why is my fridge freezing food at the back?
Store More Food!
Refrigerators need to be well-stocked to absorb all of the cold air being vented into the cavity. If it is relatively empty, all of the cold air will sink to the bottom of the cavity and freeze your food. So just keep it filled!
What happens if the fridge is too full?
If you fill it up, the air won’t flow through the unit and some contents may not stay chilled. This could lead to food spoilage or food poisoning. For best results, your appliance should be well-stocked without being too full.