Dishwashing liquid is a familiar cosmetic chemical in every family, the natural appearance of symptoms of skin irritation after using this product makes users confused about whether it is an allergy to dishwashing liquid or not. any effect? Here are the detailed answers.
- 1 Causes of dishwashing liquid allergy
- 2 Symptoms of an allergic reaction to dishwashing liquid
- 3 So why is dishwashing liquid caustic to hands, is it dangerous?
- 4 A safe and effective way to treat dishwashing liquid allergies
- 4.1 Avoid dishwashing liquid that causes allergies
- 4.2 Treat dishwashing liquid allergy with medicine
- 4.3 Apply home remedies
- 4.4 Read more: 8 serious mistakes when using dishwashing liquid
- 4.5 Treating dishwashing liquid allergy with oriental medicine
- 4.6 Related
Causes of dishwashing liquid allergy
Most cleaning products contain small amounts of chemicals, which can be quite safe and not harmful to the body if exposed externally.
However, in some users, the immune system perceives this as a foreign substance, which can be dangerous. So the body will release histamine to fight at these agents.
If the amount of histamine exceeds the normal level, it will enter the blood, break the connective tissues here, cause and drain fluid and leak plasma proteins out. This is the reason why people with chemical allergies feel extremely itchy, red, swollen skin.
In addition, some people, due to the characteristics of their jobs, are often exposed to cosmetic chemicals, the more likely they are to be allergic to dishwashing liquid .
Symptoms of an allergic reaction to dishwashing liquid
Typical symptoms of detergent (chemical) allergy in general and dishwashing liquid allergy in particular include:
– The skin of the hands that are allergic to dishwashing liquid is red, maybe swollen.
– Scaling on allergic skin areas
– Appearance of oozing blisters
– Mild stinging, then gradually turning to intense burning
– Urticaria in allergic skin areas
– Skin becomes dark, rough and cracked
Symptoms of an allergic reaction to dishwashing liquid appear immediately after exposure or after 24 to 48 hours, in some cases, delayed reactions may take up to 1 week to show symptoms.
Repeated exposure to chemicals causes the outer layer of keratinocytes to peel off. The inner layer of cells that have not yet matured has been destroyed by toxic substances and peeled off into many patches.
The long-term condition causes the epidermis to lose water, dry, scaly, crack and bleed.
Therefore, as soon as the symptoms of dishwashing liquid are noticed, the patient needs to see a doctor for early remedial measures.
So why is dishwashing liquid caustic to hands, is it dangerous?
The main reasons for this are:
Dishwashing products contain chemical detergents
Detergents in dishwashing liquid are usually of two types: one of organic origin made from nature, the other made from chemicals. For many reasons such as wanting to reduce costs, increase cleaning ability or increase scent, some manufacturers of dishwashing liquid have used unhealthy cleaning chemicals and abused artificial flavors.
If you are exposed to these chemicals many times, it will cause the outer layer of keratinocytes to peel off, creating more conditions for the inner cell layer to be destroyed, reacting with many uncomfortable symptoms on the skin. The stronger the chemical, the more serious the disease, the more often it is used, the more likely it is to get sick.
What is more worrisome, the chemical in addition to acting directly on the skin, it can also penetrate through the skin and accumulate in the body. Not to mention if not washed thoroughly, chemicals will stick to the surface of dishes, and then stick to food put into the body, leading to chronic poisoning of the nervous system, damage to the digestive system, liver failure, kidney failure, or most dangerously, cancer. This situation is really unsafe for both adults and children.
Using too much dishwashing liquid
Many people have a habit of abusing dishwashing liquid, thinking that the more they use the product, the better they will clean and deodorize the dishes. However, that is completely wrong because it is easy to cause allergies, because the skin of the hands is exposed to too many chemicals.
Not only that, this habit also wastes and costs both dishwashing products, clean water, time and effort in each wash.
A safe and effective way to treat dishwashing liquid allergies
When getting dermatitis from contact with dishwashing liquid, the most common way to prevent it is to wear gloves. However, some people with sensitive skin are also allergic to rubber.
At the same time, gloves are also inconvenient in daily life, so this is not the best solution. Instead, the patient can apply the following allergy treatments:
Avoid dishwashing liquid that causes allergies
On the market, there are dishwasher products with biological ingredients that are safe for health. Some types of dishwashing liquid are made from natural ingredients, which do not corrode the skin of the hands and make them softer.
Therefore, you should stay away from the type of dishwashing liquid you are using. Instead, learn about products that are safe and suitable for your body.
Treat dishwashing liquid allergy with medicine
In some cases of the new-onset disease, corticosteroid creams and solutions can be applied or washed with potassium permanganate. However, patients should only apply the drug for a maximum of 3 days. If the disease still does not get better, you need to see a doctor receive a regimen from a specialist.
If the disease is more severe, your doctor will prescribe topical or systemic anti-inflammatory drugs. In addition, it is possible to add anti-itching antihistamines, antibiotics if there is a case of superinfection.
Note: These drugs easily cause drowsiness and make it difficult for patients to concentrate.
Apply home remedies
Those who do not want to use drugs but still want to have smooth skin on their hands can apply the following treatment:
Olive oil contains powerful antioxidants, which can maintain elasticity, moisturize and rejuvenate the skin. With outstanding advantages, this is the material chosen by many people.
How to use: The patient should apply a small amount of olive oil to the skin of the hands every morning. Gently rub the active ingredients to penetrate the skin more easily.
Coconut oil contains a large amount of fatty acids, which help to heal damage and moisturize the skin. With regular use, dry, calloused, cracked marks also slowly disappear.
How to use: Apply an appropriate amount of coconut oil to the skin of the hands. Gently rub the palms for 5 minutes, wipe with a clean towel and then rinse with water.
This is a cereal containing many good components such as minerals, fiber, vitamins, important antioxidants. Therefore, oats will help the skin become smooth, ruddy and more beautiful.
Oats contain many nutrients, effectively helping to treat diseases
Oats contain many nutrients, effectively helping to treat diseases
How to use: Mix 3 tablespoons of oats with 2 tablespoons of honey and 1 tablespoon of avocado oil. Apply the mixture evenly on your hands and wait for 10 minutes. Finally, rinse with water.
Treating dishwashing liquid allergy with oriental medicine
In fact, herbal remedies bring many good effects to cases of contact dermatitis, especially allergic to dishwashing liquid.
Specifically, medicinal herbs in male medicine will remove toxins that are deeply embedded in the body. At the same time, it enhances the immune system so that the body can adapt to the external environment.
If you are a person who cannot use western medicine or can’t get rid of it, oriental medicine is the right choice.
Pure natural herbal ingredients are reduced and adjusted according to the standard formula. From there, it will bring safe, sustainable and harmless effects to health.
Many people believe that dishwashing liquid does not have a big impact on health-related problems. However, dishwashing liquid can become pathogens, affecting the health of you and your family members. The use of poor quality products or improper use can lead to peeling, dry, allergic skin… and seriously affect the user’s health. Therefore, housewives should not be subjective in choosing dishwashing liquid products!