Cajun is a term that is no longer strange to foodies. As a unique and delicate “interference” of many world-famous cuisines, Cajun cuisine is attractive, seductive and flutters the taste buds of many diners.
- 1 1. What is Cajun?
- 2 2. What is Cajun made of?
- 3 3. Cajun shrimp and sausage pasta recipe
- 4 4. Cajun pasta recipe shrimp and sausage
- 5 5. Shrimp and sausage pasta recipes
- 6 FAQ
1. What is Cajun?
Cajun is a mixture of spices made from many different ingredients and spices. These ingredients are pureed to create a Cajun blend that is “strange but familiar, but familiar yet strange”. The ingredients that make up the cajun powder will soon be shared with you by King Crab!
Because of its nature as a spice, Cajun is often used to marinate foods such as chicken, pork, beef, seafood and even vegetables.
Cajun is famous for its beautiful color and characteristic spicy, aromatic flavor. The spicy taste is not too strong created by the main ingredients of chili and pepper, only mildly spicy and does not make the tip of the tongue numb.
It is this spicy taste that stimulates the taste buds, making the dish more delicious and attractive. Bringing the perfect culinary experience to all diners.
In fact, there is no single recipe or exact amount to prepare dishes with Cajun. Therefore, each dish using this spice can bring its own unique flavor.
And a dish can also be prepared using many different recipes.
This is not really surprising! Because these flavors are the creative and flexible results of the chef’s own recipe. Bringing delicious round dishes suitable to the characteristics of the culinary culture of each region and region.
Maybe you don’t know! A meal with true Cajun cuisine will not use alcohol or expensive ingredients to preserve the distinctive flavor. It includes 3 main parts:
+ Starch part: Usually rice, bread or corn.
+ Full belly: Including main dishes from fish and meat.
+ Sides: Includes seasonal vegetables.
2. What is Cajun made of?
The delicious, unique spice Cajun seems to be very fussy and difficult to make, but is actually made up of extremely familiar and easy-to-find ingredients.
You just need to combine the ingredients, and the rustic local foods will have a delicious Cajun blend right away. So what are the foods and spices used to make Cajun?
Cajun is made from simple and close ingredients including:
+ bay leaf
+ Rose leaves
+ Fresh onions
+ Golden chestnut tree
+ Black pepper
+ Cane sugar
+ Garlic bulbs
+ Chili peppers such as bell peppers, soy sauce, paprika, dried cayenne pepper,…
In which, black pepper and chili are the two main ingredients that must be present to bring out the distinctive pungent flavor of Cajun. Note that standard Cajun is only created when you combine all the above ingredients.
3. Cajun shrimp and sausage pasta recipe
Cajun shrimp and sausage pasta recipe
1 Lb. Shrimp peeled and deveined
Half 2 lbs. Andouille sausage sliced into pieces
1 Tbsp. Cajun seasoning
1/2 Onion sliced thin
12 Red bell peppers sliced thin
1 TSP. Paprika
1 TSP. Thyme
1 Tbsp. Cajun seasoning
1 TSP. Brown sugar
2 TSP. Minced garlic
1 C. Crushed tomatoes
3/4 C. Chicken broth
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
3/4 C. Heavy whipping cream
12 Oz. Bow tie pasta OR spaghetti
Salt and pepper according to your preference
Parmesan and fresh chopped parsley to garnish
How to prepare Cajun Shrimp Pasta Sausage
Step 1. Cook the pasta to your taste and drain.
Step 2. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet at a medium-high temperature over the flame.
Step 3. Add the shrimp and 1 tablespoon. cajun seasoning. Sauté until the shrimp have cooked. Remove the shrimp and place them in a bowl to rest.
Step 4. Step 4. Add the sausage into the same skillet and cook until it is browned and cooked to perfection. Take it off and place in a bowl to rest.
Step 5. Reduce the temperature to medium on the stove, and then add additional olive oil to the skillet, along with the peppers and onions. Cook until the vegetables are soft.
Step 6. Mix with the garlic and cook for an additional 30 seconds.
Step 7. Add the thyme, paprika, 1 tablespoon. Cajun seasoning Brown sugar tomato juice, broth from chicken Worcestershire sauce heavy whipping cream as well as salt and pepper to taste. Cook until the sauce thickens.
a. Add Cajun seasoning
b. Add crushed tomatoes
c. Adding Worcestershire sauced. Adding chicken broth
e. By adding heavy cream whipping
Step 8. Add the shrimp sausage, prepared pasta into the pan, and stir to mix thoroughly.
a. By adding sausage and shrimp
b. Adding cooked pasta
9. Serve with fresh parsley and freshly cut parmesan cheese.
We are now ready to serve!
Read more: Some spaghetti squash and shrimp recipes
Creamy Cajun Shrimp Pasta with Sausage
- 1 pound large shrimp peeled and deveined and removed tails
- 1 andouille sausage about 1/2 pound, cut into rounds
- 1 2 tablespoons cajun/creole spices mix, adjust according to temperature and spice level
- Olive oil
- 1 medium-size yellow onion thinly cut
- Half red bell pepper thinly cut into slices
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon of smoked the paprika
- 1 teaspoon of cajun spice and creole mix
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar 1 teaspoon brown
- 1 . – 2. cloves of garlic finely cut (1 larger or small)
- 1/2 cup of crushed tomatoes
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce 1 teaspoon Worcestershire
- 3/4 cups heavy cream or 1/2 and 1/2 (I prefer heavy cream!)
- 12 ounces of fettuccine or farfalle (bowties)
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- Grated Parmesan and chopped parsley to serve
- A large saucepan of water up to boiling to cook pasta. Mix shrimp in 1 – 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning and cover thoroughly. A large skillet is on medium-high heat. Drizzle the bottom of the pan in olive oil. Add the shrimp and cook for 2 minutes or until the shrimp begin to curl. Then flip the shrimp and cook for another few minutes and transfer to a plate and place aside. Pour a bit of additional olive oil, then add the sausage, and cook until caramelized nicely, approximately 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer sausage to plate, and place aside.
- Add pasta to salted boiling water, and simmer until it is al dente. one minute less than the instructions on the package.
- Reduce the heat to medium, and add another oil drizzle to the pan. include the onion along with red bell pepper, thyme and smoked paprika. one tablespoon of cajun spice, brown sugar, and an ample pinch of salt. Sauté until the onion and pepper are soft and scrape up any brown pieces that could. Add the garlic, and stir until the garlic is fragrant. approximately 30 seconds.
- Add the crushed tomatoes as well as Worcestershire sauce and chicken broth and bring to a boil while stirring and scraping any brown bits that remain on the bottom of the pan. Simmer for about a couple of minutes. Mix in the cream. Stir then bring it to a simmer. Once it’s simmering, add the cooked andouille sausage, and stir until combined and cook to a boil, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add additional cream or chicken broth in case it’s dry or you’d like to add more sauce (I added 1/4 cup of each). Add salt and pepper according to your preference and finally add the blackened shrimp. mix. You can also place the shrimp on top of the pasta. Sprinkle with fresh cracked black pepper as well as crushed Parmesan as well as chopped parsley.
4. Cajun pasta recipe shrimp and sausage
What you need to make Cajun Shrimp Pasta using Sausage
- 1lb Shrimp
- 1lb Andouille, Smoked or Schneiders Spicy Sicilian Smoked Sausage
- Fettuccine Pasta
- Olive Oil
- Cajun or Creole Seasoning
- Fresh Thyme
- Granulated White Sugar
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Dried Oregano
- Dried Parsley Flakes
- Cayenne Pepper (optional)
- Smoked Paprika
- Freshly grated Parmesan
- Fresh Parsley
- Salt & Black Pepper
- Chicken Broth
- Crushed Tomatoes
- Worcestershire Sauce
Large Skillet or Saute Pan, Large Wooden Spoon & Tongs
How to make Cajun Shrimp Pasta Using Sausage
1. Gather all ingredients – make sure all ingredients are readily available because everything will be able to come together quite quickly.
2. season and Saute Shrimp and Sausage Season saute and then remove the pan from your shrimp. Add the sausage, and cook until golden and well caramelized, then take it off and put aside.
3. Create Creamy Cajun Sauce in the same pan you add the garlic and onions. Sauté until they are fragrant and translucent and then add liquids such as chicken stock as well as cream crushed tomatoes, and Worcestershire sauce. Include your seasonings cajun seasoning, as well as granulated white sugar onion powder, garlic powder, oregano, dried parsley flakes and cayenne pepper (optional) and salt, smoked paprika and freshly crushed black pepper.
4. Add Parmesan and allow to simmer Then add the parmesan cheese. Allow to simmer until it is blended, then add your pasta, sausage, then shrimp. Mix until well-integrated using a tong. Garnish with fresh parsley. Enjoy and serve.
5. Shrimp and sausage pasta recipes
A simple dish recipe of the Shrimp and Sausage Pasta will mean that your dinner can be ready to serve in less than 30 minutes! With a delicious blend of tender, plump shrimp and zingy Italian sausages, this rich tomato sauce makes a great accompaniment to your favorite noodles.
Everyone loves Italian night! Even kids who are picky can’t resist the delicious tomato sauce that’s featured in this simple recipe for Shrimp and Sausage Pasta. Combine the pasta dish with a salad as a side dish and garlic bread for a meal that’s ready in a matter of minutes!
HOW TO MAKE SHRIMP AND SAUSAGE PASTA:
The idea is to use one skillet to cook an omelet with sausage and shrimp sauce to serve with your preferred pasta shape. I’ve used bowtie in this recipe, however, penne or rotini and rigatoni or spaghetti can all be used! Do not buy the store-bought bottle of marinara because this creamy sauce will be bound to become a quick family beloved.
- Uncooked sweet Italian sausage
- Olive oil
- Canned diced tomato with oregano, garlic, and basil
- Tomato sauce
- Heavy cream, half-and-half or half-and-half
- Pasta cooked and ready to serve
STEP 1: BROWN THE ITALIAN SAUSAGE
Begin by browning the sausage on a huge pan. Since we’re cooking fresh sausage, you’ll want to ensure that the sausage is cooked until it’s cooked through (until it’s no longer pink in its middle). Remove the sausage from the cutting board and cut it into rounds.
STEP 2: PREPARE THE TOMATO SAUCE
In the same skillet, make the red sauce by adding the garlic, onion diced tomatoes as well as tomato sauce and basil.
STEP 3: ADD THE SHRIMP AND SAUSAGE
Mix in the cooked sausage as well as the raw shrimp. Then, cook the sauce until the shrimp begin to turn pink. It will take only about 3 minutes.
In the end, stir in the cream, and let it simmer for another minute or so.
STEP 4: SERVE OVER PASTA
Mix the sauce in with your favorite pasta that you cooked and garnish with Parmesan as well as a fresh herb (if you wish) and then enjoy!
WHAT TO SERVE WITH SHRIMP AND SAUSAGE PASTA:
The Italian inspired Shrimp and Sausage Pasta served with red sauce is great with any of these easy side dishes:
- Breadsticks, garlic bread or an incredibly crispy French baguette
- Green salad garnished with Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Baked Broccoli as well asparagus
- 2-Ingredient Italian Sugar Snap Peas
- Creamed Peas
PREPARATION AND STORAGE TIPS:
- Sauce leftovers can be stored within an airtight container inside the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- You can store the sauce leftover inside an airtight bottle for up to three months. I suggest keeping the sauce separated from the pasta while boiling pasta whenever it’s time to cook the sauce once more. The pasta that is cooked doesn’t keep like the sauce.
- To heat your Shrimp as well as the Italian sausage pasta Place them in a skillet or saucepan that is covered. Then, warm on low heat until the sauce has reached the temperature you want. Make sure not to overcook the sauce or heat it too long otherwise, the shrimp will turn hard and rubbery.
- I utilized “Extra Large” shrimp (26-30 count), but any size shrimp can be used in this recipe. It’s just a matter of adjusting the cooking time as smaller shrimp cook faster. You will know when the shrimp is cooked when it becomes pink.
- Use this recipe with any pasta shape that you like. We’ve utilized bowties (farfalle) in this recipe, but other options are fusilli, rigatoni, penne and angel hair. and spaghetti.
- This recipe requires cooked sausage (such as Johnsonville Fresh Sweet Italian Sausage Links) However it is possible to substitute already cooked Italian sausage instead. Slice it into small rounds and then cook it in the pan. It will not take as long to cook in the event that the sausage has already been cooked.
- Create Shrimp Sausage Spinach Pasta: add a few cups of baby spinach leaves to the pasta near the close of the dish when you add the cream. The spinach will soften almost instantly, and it will provide an appealing green hue to the pasta dish.
- For a kick of spicy for a kick of spice, include the crushed red pepper flakes into the dish.
- Garnish the dish with fresh grated Parmesan cheese and other Fresh herbs If desired.
- Are you cooking for a small family? Cut the ingredients in half. The remaining recipes are the same.