Garlic is an extremely familiar spice in every meal. However, not everyone knows all the health benefits of garlic. The following article will help you better understand this spice.
Garlic is both a natural medicine and an indispensable spice in every meal of today’s families. Garlic has many remarkable uses such as fighting oxidation, preventing cancer and dangerous diseases, improving memory, enhancing male physiology and helping women to beautify.
- 1 Nutrients in 100g of raw garlic
- 2 1. Prevent cardiovascular disease
- 3 2. Garlic has the effect of regulating blood pressure in the body
- 4 3. Helps strengthen bones
- 5 4. Support to prevent cancer
- 6 5. Anti-oxidation
- 7 6. Support in the treatment of diabetes
- 8 7. Cold treatment
- 9 8. Garlic enhances memory
- 10 9. Detoxify heavy metals in the body
- 11 10. Prevent urinary tract infections
- 12 11. Improve eye sight
- 13 12. Garlic helps fight dental diseases
- 14 13. Make sperm more healthy
- 15 14. The effect of garlic to increase libido
- 16 15. Maintain flexibility when having sex
- 17 16. Garlic helps to beautify the skin
- 18 17. Preventing hair loss in women
- 19 18. The effect of garlic on pregnant women
- 20 Harm of garlic if used too much
- 21 People also ask about good effects of garlic
- 21.1 What happens if you eat garlic everyday?
- 21.2 What is best time to eat garlic?
- 21.3 How many garlic cloves should I eat a day?
- 21.4 Does garlic affect sleep?
- 21.5 How long does garlic stay in your system?
- 21.6 Is it good to swallow garlic with water?
- 21.7 Is it better to eat raw or cooked garlic?
- 21.8 How do you take garlic as an antibiotic?
- 21.9 What happens if you drink garlic water everyday?
- 21.10 Why can I smell garlic in my house?
- 21.11 Why does garlic stay on my breath for days?
- 21.12 Is garlic good for chest infection?
- 21.13 How powerful is garlic as an antibiotic?
- 21.14 Can garlic clean lungs?
- 21.15 Can garlic fight pneumonia?
- 21.16 Is garlic good for urine infection?
- 21.17 Related
Nutrients in 100g of raw garlic
Nutritional value in 100g of raw garlic includes:
– Energy: 623 Kcal
– Carbohydrates: 33g
– Lipids: 0.5g
– Protein: 6.39g
– Calcium: 181mg
– Iron: 1.7mg
– Magnesium: 25mg
– Phosphorus: 153mg
– Potassium: 401mg
– Vitamin C: 31.2mg
– And there are some other nutrients for the body.
Read more: Best Garlic Recipes For Family
1. Prevent cardiovascular disease
One of the most prominent effects of garlic is to help the cardiovascular system stay healthy and prevent potentially dangerous diseases. Garlic can help reduce bad cholesterol in the body, fight oxidation that causes atherosclerosis.
2. Garlic has the effect of regulating blood pressure in the body
Garlic has an active ingredient called Allycinsteine that has the ability to stabilize blood pressure in the body to normal levels. Therefore, people with blood pressure disease regularly eat garlic to help improve their condition better.
3. Helps strengthen bones
In 100g of raw garlic contains up to 181mg of calcium. This abundant amount of calcium will contribute to making bones stronger, combined with minerals such as iron, zinc, and magnesium will help you prevent dangerous bone and joint diseases.
4. Support to prevent cancer
The effect of garlic in preventing cancer has been thoroughly studied by scientists. Specifically, garlic contains selenium and germanium that have the ability to fight free radicals and cancer cells that develop in the body. When absorbed into the stomach, garlic will inhibit the nitrification of gastric juice to prevent conversion to nitrosamines that cause stomach cancer.
The leading compounds in garlic such as Allicin, Ajoene and Diallyl trisulfide will help the body fight with most of the free radicals in the body, preventing the oxidation of cells that cause disease.
6. Support in the treatment of diabetes
Regular use of garlic will help the body prevent metabolic disorders, which is one of the factors that cause diabetes patients today. As a result, blood sugar and triglyceride levels are kept at a stable level.
7. Cold treatment
Garlic has a hot property, and contains sulfur, which is very effective in relieving colds and fevers. In addition, the antioxidant and antibacterial compounds in garlic will prevent bacteria from entering the body, causing the disease to be relieved and quickly cured.
8. Garlic enhances memory
Allicin content in garlic can help patients prevent the risk of central nervous system degeneration and Alzheimer’s disease, an extremely common and common disease in the elderly.
9. Detoxify heavy metals in the body
The effects of garlic have been shown to be helpful in detoxifying heavy metals in the body. That’s because the sulfur in garlic helps prevent the release of heavy metal radicals in the body, making them unable to harm human organs and respiratory system.
10. Prevent urinary tract infections
Scientific studies have shown the effects of garlic in preventing the growth of bacteria that cause urinary tract infections, specifically P. aeruginosa. The anti-inflammatory active ingredients in garlic will completely destroy this type of bacteria and protect the urinary system for the patient.
11. Improve eye sight
Garlic contains vitamin A, which is very nutritious for the eyes and helps prevent macular degeneration effectively. In addition, eating garlic regularly will help the eyes to secrete mucus to protect the eyes against bacteria that threaten your cornea.
12. Garlic helps fight dental diseases
The powerful anti-inflammatory and oxygenic active ingredients, such as Allicin in raw garlic, have been shown to be able to destroy bacteria that accumulate on teeth and gums. Thereby preventing the maximum risk of gingivitis, oral heat, bleeding gums and tooth decay
13. Make sperm more healthy
What are the benefits of eating garlic for men? Many scientific studies have proven that eating garlic regularly will help improve the quality of sperm, make them “swim” stronger, reduce the amount of defective and dead sperm.
14. The effect of garlic to increase libido
Men who have a desire for sex, the body will produce nitric oxide to help maintain an erection and stimulate the increase of testosterone in the body. Regular use of garlic will help increase nitric oxide and make men have a stronger libido.
15. Maintain flexibility when having sex
The content of Allicin, B vitamins and vitamin C in garlic will increase energy for men, stimulate muscle groups to work to help “sex” be supple and strong. Thereby improving better sex life and quality of life.
16. Garlic helps to beautify the skin
The content of B vitamins, vitamins C and E in garlic will be very good for women’s skin. The skin will be protected from bacteria, dirt, enhance whiteness and reduce pigmentation, pimples appear.
17. Preventing hair loss in women
Scientists have studied and shown that, in raw garlic, there is an amount of betamethasone valates that has the ability to prevent hair loss, which is common in women due to lack of substances or due to stress.
18. The effect of garlic on pregnant women
Pregnant women have a weak resistance, the vitamins and antibacterial compounds in garlic will supplement this deficiency in pregnant women. Thanks to that, the pregnancy period will be guaranteed safe, the pregnant woman as well as the fetus will become healthier. In addition, many scientific studies also show that women who use garlic regularly will reduce the risk of premature birth.
Harm of garlic if used too much
– Causing heat in the body because garlic is inherently hot and spicy, so it is not good for the liver if the patient is having liver problems.
Garlic contains active ingredients that cause the eyes to secrete mucus, so people with poor vision or eye disease should not use it.
Weak health, weakened immune system is also not recommended to eat garlic. Because this will make the condition worse and cannot be cured.
– Absolutely do not eat raw garlic on an empty stomach. It can increase the secretion of stomach acid causing stomach ulcers for you.
People with acute diarrhea and stomach pain should not eat garlic because it will make the condition worse, even causing edema of the stomach and intestines
Read more: How to make Crispy Garlic Butter Toast ?
People also ask about good effects of garlic
What happens if you eat garlic everyday?
Garlic is extremely nutritious and is associated with many health advantages. But, if you consume excessive amounts of it is a risk to cause side consequences such as bad breath gastric acidity, stomach problems as well as an increased chance of bleeding
What is best time to eat garlic?
Studies have shown that garlic if eaten on an empty stomach acts as a powerful antibiotic. It is more effective when you eat it before breakfast because bacteria is exposed and cannot defend itself from succumbing to its power. Many people who suffer from hypertension have found that garlic helps relieve some symptoms