The refrigerator has a bad smell is a sign that you need to clean the refrigerator immediately because, at this time, disease-causing bacteria will enter the food or from the food penetrate into every corner of the refrigerator, causing the refrigerator to smell. and bacteria. Understanding the importance of protecting health and family, Huttuscon would like to share with you 17 ways to quickly and effectively remove refrigerator odors.
- 1 Notes before cleaning the refrigerator + Steps to clean and deodorize the refrigerator + How to keep the food in the refrigerator fresh? + How to store food in the refrigerator
Notes before cleaning the refrigerator + Steps to clean and deodorize the refrigerator + How to keep the food in the refrigerator fresh? + How to store food in the refrigerator
Note before cleaning the refrigerator
1. Before cleaning the refrigerator, you should unplug it to disconnect the power connection. If you stay connected to electricity while cleaning the refrigerator, it will not be safe and will certainly increase your electricity bill.
2. Remove all food from the refrigerator compartments, shelves and doors. Do not forget to observe the food, if you find it spoiled, you need to remove it immediately because one of the reasons why the refrigerator smells is spoiled food.
3. Try to complete the cleaning of the refrigerator in 4 hours because the food taken out of the refrigerator can only be left outside for about 4 hours. If this time is exceeded, the food is very perishable and unsafe to use.
4. Ideally, food should be kept cool during your cleaning of the refrigerator. You can add ice to best preserve food and avoid food spoilage.
5. Clean the corners and shelves of the refrigerator with a mixture of water and baking soda with a ratio of 128 baking soda to 3.8 liters of water. Then, you take a soft cloth dipped in this mixture and scrub the cabinet. In addition, you can also replace it with a mixture of water and vinegar in equal proportions to clean the cabinet.
6. If the cleaning mixture is ineffective or dirty, replace it with a new one and continue cleaning.
Turn off the power before cleaning the refrigerator to ensure safety when cleaning and deodorizing the refrigerator
Steps to clean and deodorize the refrigerator
Step 1: Clean the fridge
You need to take everything out of the refrigerator, remove spoiled or expired food, and clean any areas of food residue in the refrigerator. Next, remove the shelves in the cabinet and soak them in a mixture of hot water and dishwashing liquid. After that, you continue to clean the remaining stains in the nooks and crannies of the cabinet.
– Step 2: Equip tools
You should skip using an all-purpose cleaning spray, and use a solution of baking soda and vinegar instead. This natural mixture will not only help clean the refrigerator but also help eliminate odors in the refrigerator.
To clean and clean the refrigerator, you will also need a sponge or soft cloth. You need to make sure the cleaning pad doesn’t have loose rags. In addition, a toothbrush will also help you easily clean crevices, small spaces where food gets stuck. Then, soak the vinegar and baking soda on the utensils and proceed to clean the refrigerator.
– Step 3: Wipe the refrigerator
When the refrigerator is empty, take care to clean the entire refrigerator, including the drawers, the top of the cabinet, the sides and the door. Don’t forget to clean the outside of the refrigerator as well.
Step 4: Clean tools
After cleaning the refrigerator, clean the cloth, sponge, brush with warm water to remove stains, baking soda residue and vinegar. You can wash it a few times until you feel the cleaning kit is clean again.
– Step 5: Store food in the cabinet
If you have a refrigerator thermometer, keep an eye on when the temperature in the refrigerator drops to 5 degrees Celsius or below before you put food in for storage. In addition, if the refrigerator has a quick cooling function, start it to save time.
Following the above steps will help keep your refrigerator as clean as new and free of unpleasant odors
How to keep food in the fridge fresh?
1. Set the refrigerator temperature between 0-5 degrees Celsius to prevent bacteria from forming and growing.
2. Leftover food should be stored in sealed containers. It’s best to label and date leftovers and use them as soon as possible.
4. Pack and arrange food in the refrigerator properly to ensure good circulation of cold air in the refrigerator.
5. Check food weekly to detect spoiled food early and remove them.
A refrigerator is a food storage device and it works 24/7. Therefore, a clean refrigerator also helps you preserve food fresher and can be used for a long time.
You must pay attention to adjusting the storage temperature in the refrigerator to prevent bacteria growth to help food keep for a long time
How to preserve food and drinks in the refrigerator to never smell fishy or foul
When using the refrigerator, to limit the cause of unpleasant odors, the best thing to do is to store food carefully. Some notes for you to preserve food so that the refrigerator does not have an odor:
1. Leftover food, you should put it in a sealed container, cover it carefully.
2. Some fruits have a lot of aroma such as durian, jackfruit… when stored in the refrigerator, they need to be wrapped in several layers of bags or put in a box with a lid.
3. Wet vegetables should not be put in the refrigerator because they are easy to rot, causing the refrigerator to have an unpleasant odor.
4. Fresh food should be cleaned, wrapped in at least 2 layers of bags before putting in the refrigerator.
5. Regularly clean the refrigerator so that the refrigerator does not have a lingering odor.
Use bags such as zip bags to store vegetables or plastic containers to preserve food, this will help limit odors from entering the refrigerator.