In article part 1, we shared some notes before cleaning the refrigerator + Steps to clean and deodorize the refrigerator + How to keep the food in the refrigerator always fresh? + How to store food in the refrigerator
This part 2 article will bring you 10 tips to get rid of refrigerator odors from natural ingredients
- 1 How to deodorize the refrigerator with orange and tangerine peels
- 2 How to use dry tea to deodorize the refrigerator
- 3 Tips to deodorize the refrigerator with fresh lemon
- 4 How to deodorize the refrigerator with baking soda (baking salt)
- 5 How to use vinegar to remove refrigerator odors
- 6 How to deodorize the refrigerator with activated carbon, charcoal
- 7 Clean cotton towels – A surprisingly effective refrigerator deodorizer!
- 8 Deodorize the refrigerator with coffee
- 9 Deodorize the refrigerator with bread
- 10 How to deal with the musty refrigerator smell with alcohol
How to deodorize the refrigerator with orange and tangerine peels
After enjoying the oranges and tangerines, don’t rush to throw away the orange and tangerine peels. The peels of oranges and tangerines contain a large amount of fresh, natural aromatic oils that have a very good deodorizing effect. Here are the steps to deodorize the refrigerator from orange and tangerine peels.
– Preparation: Peel off the citrus peel from 3-4 fruits.
– How to deodorize the refrigerator: You proceed to wash the citrus peels and dry them. Then, place it in the corners of the refrigerator. After a period of 3 days, the citrus peel will absorb the odor in the cabinet. You can keep doing this simple way over and over to keep your fridge odor-free.
In orange peels, tangerines have essential oils that help deodorize very well, remember to leave the peel fresh and not dry
How to use dry tea to deodorize the refrigerator
To deodorize the refrigerator with green tea :
– Preparation: 5 tea bags with flowers in a paper filter bag. This type is widely available in supermarkets.
– How to deodorize the refrigerator: You just need to put them in the refrigerator compartments. Each layer 1 bag and the essence from the tea leaves will absorb the bad smell in the refrigerator.
You can use that tea bag continuously for 1 month. Then you dry them in the sun and put them back in the fridge to avoid waste.
Leave the tea in a paper filter bag and then put it in the refrigerator within 3 hours, then the smell will completely disappear and you can leave it for 1 month and then expose it to the sun to dry if you want to use it again.
Tips to deodorize the refrigerator with fresh lemon
Lemon is often used in household tips to help deodorize and clean stains. The scent of lemon peel (citrus acid) is also very popular in essential oil bottles sold today.
Extremely simple and extremely effective are the adjectives that describe how to deodorize the refrigerator with this lemon.
– Preparation: You need 5 lemons to deodorize the refrigerator from 100 liters.
– How to deodorize the refrigerator with lemon: Slice a lemon thinly, place it on small plates or small flan lids and put it in the refrigerator. Alternatively, you can also dip a few cotton balls in lemon juice and use them to wipe the inside of the refrigerator. The smell of essential oils in lemon peel and the acid in lemons will help you deodorize your refrigerator quickly.
The smell of essential oils in lemon peel and acid in lemons will help you quickly deodorize your refrigerator
How to deodorize the refrigerator with baking soda (baking salt)
Baking soda has long been known to be an eco-friendly cleaner and an effective deodorizer. Therefore, many people who practice deodorizing the refrigerator with baking soda have received very positive results.
– Preparation: About 5-6 tablespoons of Baking soda.
– How to deodorize the refrigerator with Baking Soda: You put a few tablespoons of baking soda in an uncovered box; Or pour it onto a plate. After that, put the box of baking soda in the refrigerator to absorb all the food smell, the plastic smell of the newly bought refrigerator… And you just keep the dough plate in the refrigerator until the smell is completely gone.
Baking soda has a strong reducing property, so it will remove all odors in the refrigerator quickly, including the smell of plastic
How to use vinegar to remove refrigerator odors
In vinegar for acidic ingredients, it is quite effective to deodorize. This way of deodorizing the refrigerator is also quite simple.
– Preparation: 6 – 7 tablespoons of vinegar.
– How to remove refrigerator odors with vinegar: Pour vinegar into a glass bottle. However, do not cover them, but put them directly in the refrigerator.
Putting a cup of white vinegar in the refrigerator will make the odor completely eliminated
How to deodorize the refrigerator with activated carbon, charcoal
One of the simple ways to deodorize the refrigerator that you can apply is using activated charcoal.
How to deodorize the refrigerator with activated carbon: Currently, in supermarkets selling a lot of activated charcoal deodorant boxes, you just need to buy and put activated charcoal in an empty corner in the refrigerator. Many housewives have used charcoal or activated charcoal to deodorize their refrigerators.
The advantage of this refrigerator odor treatment is that it has a long time to use, you do not need to constantly change it. According to the experience of many people who have used it, using activated charcoal to deodorize does not affect the quality and taste of food.
Activated charcoal, charcoal is completely safe when you keep it in the refrigerator to deodorize
Clean cotton towels – A surprisingly effective refrigerator deodorizer!
One more simple ingredient to deodorize the refrigerator that housewives should know is cotton towels.
How to deodorize the refrigerator with a cotton towel: Use a clean, folded cotton towel to put it in the top drawer of the refrigerator. Cotton fabric has good hygroscopicity thanks to the small holes in the cotton towel, so it will absorb all the unpleasant odors in the refrigerator. After a while, take out the towel and wash it with warm water and fabric softener, dry it and can be reused.
How to deodorize the refrigerator with a clean cotton towel that effectively absorbs moisture and odors, apply immediately!
Deodorize the refrigerator with coffee
Coffee is a beverage that is quite popular with many families. However, not everyone knows that the coffee grounds that we often throw away are a very effective way to deodorize the refrigerator.
How to deodorize the refrigerator with coffee grounds: After making coffee, use a cloth to wrap the grounds and put them in the refrigerator. This coffee bag can be kept in the refrigerator for about 3 weeks. You can then take it out and replace it with a new bag.
Coffee can overwhelm all odors in the refrigerator and make the air cleaner and more fragrant
Deodorize the refrigerator with bread
It sounds weird, but bread is actually a pretty effective way to get rid of refrigerator odors. Bread has dry characteristics, so it absorbs moisture quite well and has a pleasant smell. Put bread in the refrigerator, you can use them for a whole month to deodorize the refrigerator without worrying about spoiling.
You will be surprised when you put bread in the refrigerator and after only 2 hours, the refrigerator smell is significantly reduced!
How to deal with the musty refrigerator smell with alcohol
Alcohol is an extremely effective ingredient in deodorizing musty refrigerators. As for how to treat refrigerator odors with alcohol, you can do the same with vinegar.
How to deodorize the refrigerator with alcohol: You just need to pour the wine into an uncovered glass jar and put it in the refrigerator. You can rest assured that alcohol will not damage your refrigerator.
You just need to leave the wine in the refrigerator for about 2 to 3 hours. The smell of alcohol will remove all the fishy and foul odors even though it has been around for a long time
Stay tuned for the next part